Nihilistic is a small company that focuses on one solid title at a time. We believe in hiring creative, hard-working, dedicated and talented people and letting them do their job. The position is a full-time on-site spot in the San Francisco Bay Area. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, and profit sharing.
Our team members are hand-picked industry veterans in the areas of art, design, and programming. Nihilistic members' past credits include Vampire: the Masquerade, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, Dark Forces, Descent, Starcraft, Requiem: Avenging Angel, Shadows of Empire (N64), Star Wars: Racer (N64)
- have strong painting skills
- be willing to relocate to the Bay Area
- be willing to work closely with a small group of people in an open environment
- be able to create high quality detailed textures that add depth to environments
- be ready to work with level designers and help build and texture additional level geometry in Maya
- be able to accept feedback without taking it personally
- be able and willing to use different techniques and match artistic styles to create a unified looking game
- be ready to work hard in a fun and relaxed atmosphere
- be efficient and organized
- A demo tape, CD or a webpage of 2D art and 3D models. (Preferably showing environments)
- Extensive Photoshop experience
- A strong traditional art background.
- Should be a team player and be passionate about games.
Experience working with Maya is preferred.
If you're interested please email your resume and webpage address, using "Artist Position" as the subject, to this address:
or submit your resume with a demo tape or CD to:
Attn: Maarten Kraaijvanger
371 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Suite 110
Novato, CA 94949
· Submitted documents and demo Tapes will not be returned
· Current U.S. residents are preferred. We do not currently have any internship positions available.
· Nihilistic Software is an equal opportunity employer