Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive said, “The team at SI has been waiting years for a console with a hard drive that could handle Championship Manager, so we’re very pleased to see Championship Manager: Season 01/02 on Xbox. We’re hoping that this launch will make Champ Man available and affordable to a whole new consumer base. Who knows? Some customers may even buy an Xbox specifically to play Champ Man: it’s much more affordable than buying a PC.”
Championship Manager: Season 01/02 is virtually unchanged for its console debut. All 26 leagues from around the world are included, as are the detailed profiles and histories of over 100,000 players, managers and coaches.
Other features include:
- A completely re-designed interface with quick screen navigation and short cuts
- Statistics of new and unknown players are now hidden: only players that a manager would realistically know about are shown
- Scouting reveals players’ full statistics, and gives managers an in-depth analysis on the opposition’s key players and team tactics
- The ability to compare two players at a glance
- More power means managers can approach governing bodies to launch appeals on behalf of players, issue ultimatums to the board (and vice versa) and send players for surgery for recurring injuries
- The escalating wages feature accurately reflects the new wage structures in football
- Players’ personalities are more ‘roundly’ represented, and they can complain to or thank managers
- Fines can now be given to clubs if, for example, they have a bad disciplinary record - on or off the pitch
- Media involvement is even more in depth, with feedback from local and national press given
- All major international tournaments are represented, including B-team and Under 21 team management opportunities
- The new EU regulated transfer system is fully implemented
- All the latest competitions, awards, transfer and disciplinary rules for the 2001 – 2002 season are included.
Championship Manager: Season 01/02 will be released for the Xbox on April 26th.