"We're delighted with the depth and breadth of our lineup this year," said Gilles Dana, president and publisher of Simon & Schuster Interactive. "Our company is focusing on titles that will have a broad appeal and our games should be well received by hardcore as well as the casual gamer."
Simon & Schuster Interactive 2002 Lineup by title, platform and estimated shipping date:
- Outlaw Golf (Xbox) June 2002
- Farscape: The Game (PC) August 2002
- Warbirds III (PC / Mac) August 2002
- Seablade (Xbox) September 2002
- Real War: Rogue States (PC) September 2002
- Soldiers of Anarchy (PC) October 2002
- Outlaw Golf (GameCube) October 2002
- Darkened Skye (GameCube) October 2002
- Eve Online: The Second Genesis (PC) October 2002
- BMX Trick Racer (GBA) Fall 2002
- The Last Ninja (Xbox) Winter 2002
- Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox) Winter 2002
For detailed information consult the Simon & Schuster Interactive E3 Press Kit which will be available at the Los Angeles Convention Center on May 22 in the Press Room (West Hall).
- "Outlaw Golf" (Xbox, Shipping: June 2002) First Golf Title for Xbox Features Most Advanced Golf Gaming Engine Ever Made with Strippers and Biker Chicks
The first golf title for the Xbox will make its debut this June complete with strippers, biker chicks and the most advanced golf gaming engine ever made. "Outlaw Golf" (Rated: "T" by the ESRB; $49.95 estimated street price) will be a hardcore golf game with a humorous side that takes gamers to three different courses where you'd never find PGA members.
- "Farscape: The Game" (PC , Shipping: August 2002) Game Features Voices of the Cast Members, CG Models and Sound Effects From the Award-Winning Television Series As Seen on SCI FI
Simon & Schuster Interactive, in association with Jim Henson Interactive, a division of The Jim Henson Company, announced today that their anticipated PC release FARSCAPE: THE GAME" (Rated: "RP" by the ESRB) will be shipping in early August 2002. This game for the PC (Windows® XP, ME, 98) is a character driven, team-based, 3D action game played from an isometric perspective. The game is being developed by veteran game developer Red Lemon Studios of Glasgow, Scotland.
- "Warbirds III" (PC, Shipping: August 2002) Popular Online Only PC Game Now Coming To Retail with Two Months Free Online Play
WARBIRDS III takes gamers to some of the biggest battles of World War II, such as The Battle of Midway, the Blitz of 1941 (London) and Pearl Harbor. Gamers control more than 40 different World War II combat vehicles, including ships, planes, and tanks, while planning and executing all the real battles that took place during this pivotal time in history. Each scene is depicted in highly detailed terrains taken from satellite data, where gamers fight enemy forces in an online world.
- "Seablade" (Xbox, Shipping: September 2002, ESRB Rating: "RP") Exclusive to Xbox, SEABLADE is a pure arcade action shooter, merging the best elements of classic arcade shooters into an intense, white-knuckle action game that pushes the limits of the Xbox technology.
In "Seablade" (Rated: "RP" by the ESRB), gamers take control of a futuristic spacecraft that can fly as well as dive below water with the goal being to combat insidious warlords who have overrun the northern hemisphere in the year 2350.
- "Real War: Rogue States" (PC, Shipping: September 2002) Blow Up The `Evil Doers' In Sequel To The Best-Selling Game "Real War"
REAL WAR: ROGUE STATES is the sequel to the best selling PC game "Real War." In this modern military RTS the United States has learned that the Independent Liberation Army (ILA) is being backed by a rogue state. It was thought the ILA was destroyed, but this new sponsor has re-energized the ILA and equipped it with even more lethal technology. The gamer's task is to destroy this alliance and punish the offending country.
- "Soldiers of Anarchy" (PC, Shipping: October 2002) A Next-Generation 3D Strategy Game Set in Post-Apocalyptic 2013
It's 2013. Ten years ago, a near apocalypse forced you and a group of military veterans underground. Now, you emerge to free humanity from its new oppressors. Controlling a fully-customizable squad of soldiers, you must capture modern military weapons, including tanks, helicopters and jets and battle the enemy while protecting your limited resources. Play through 23 missions in this non-linear campaign, where your choices affect the game's outcome.
- "Outlaw Golf" (GameCube, Shipping: October 2002) Strippers, Biker Chicks And Other Socially Redeeming Characters To Star In Golf Game For Nintendo Gamecube
A `hardcore' golf title for the Nintendo GameCube will make its debut this October complete with strippers, biker chicks and the most advanced golf gaming engine ever made. "Outlaw Golf" (Rated: "RP" by the ESRB) will be a hardcore golf game with a humorous side that takes gamers to three different courses where you'd never find PGA members.
- "Darkened Skye" (GameCube, Shipping: October 2002)
Simon & Schuster Interactive announced today "Darkened Skye" will be arriving on Nintendo GameCube this October (Rated: "T" by the ESRB). Set in a timeless fantasy world, this third-person action game combines laugh-out-loud irreverence with combat, magic and melee giving gamers a fast-paced experience in an epic story that isn't afraid to poke fun at itself.
- "Eve Online: The Second Genesis" (PC, Shipping: October 2002) Developed by Crowd Control Production (CCP) of Reykjavik, Iceland, EVE ONLINE will allow upwards of 100,000 gamers to compete simultaneously across a full 3D galaxy which includes 5000 solar systems.
Simon & Schuster Interactive announced it has obtained North American and European rights to "Eve Online: The Second Genesis," a space trading / combat Massive Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG) for the PC (Windows® XP, ME, 98; Rated: "RP" by the ESRB). Developed by Crowd Control Production (CCP) of Reykjavik, Iceland, EVE ONLINE will allow upwards of 100,000 gamers to compete simultaneously across a full 3D galaxy which includes 5000 solar systems.
EVE is one of the first of a new breed of computer games. Played online with thousands of other players, EVE draws people into what is essentially an alternate universe set some time far in the future in a place one can only dream of.
- "BMX Trick Racer" (Gameboy Advance, Shipping: Fall 2002) TURN TRICKS ON YOUR NINTENDO GAME BOY ADVANCE!
Gamers race and rip tricks on 15 street and dirt tracks in unique BMX environments that go through cities, jungles, deserts, mountains, snow and ice. The goal is to rack up as many points as possible with real BMX tricks and a few unreal ones while facing obstacles you won't find in other BMX games such as ramps, springs and collapsing bridges. Single and multiplayer modes.
- "The Last Ninja" (Xbox, Shipping: Winter 2002) With the Latest 3D Graphics and AI, This Action/Adventure Title Will Make "Tenchu 3" Look Like Tiny Grasshopper
Studio 3 Interactive and Simon & Schuster Interactive announced today the award winning, classic game series "The Last Ninja" will be coming to the Xbox this winter. Developed by Studio 3 Interactive of London, England this game is based on the legendary game series "The Last Ninja Trilogy" that has sold millions of copies world-wide. It is a tale that pits a lone Ninja warrior against the massed forces of the evil Shogun.
- "Outlaw Volleyball" (Xbox, Shipping: Winter 2002) Spike or Die with Babes, Balls, and The Beach!
Simon & Schuster Interactive announced today the Company is publishing a second title in their popular "Outlaw" series of sports games for Microsoft's Xbox. Developed by Hypnotix Inc., "Outlaw Volleyball" (Rated: "RP" by the ESRB, Available: Winter 2002) will feature all the characters from "Outlaw Golf," and several new ones who will do battle on 16 different courts.