Heiko tom Felde, Director of TDK Mediactive Europe said: ”With its advanced technology and sophisticated gaming capabilities the Xbox is the ideal platform to launch our first title under the DaimlerChrysler agreement. ‘Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ is crammed with enthralling missions, high-speed action and ‘virtually’ realistic graphics, making it a must-have for all racing enthusiasts.”
Michel Cassius, European Director of Publishing at Xbox said, “We are excited to see ’Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ making its debut on Xbox. This innovative game uses powerful 3D technology which takes advantage of the advanced graphics capabilities of Xbox. With both a high profile brand and a variety of cars to choose from it should be a success with gamers and speed enthusiasts alike. It is great to see the technological enhancements and power that Xbox delivers combined in a game like this.”
Michel Cassius, Director of Publishing, Xbox Europe said: “We are excited to see ’Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ making its debut on Xbox. The game combines a new and powerful 3D technology with innovative game design, allowing gamers to truly experience the added possibilities that this synergy creates. Linked with the high profiled brand and the variety of car models we believe it is destined to take gamers and speed enthusiasts to the next level of virtual racing. We look forward to seeing this title capture the technological enhancements and power that this platform delivers.”
‘Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ features a revolutionary 3D Landscape Engine, which not only creates separate race tracks but facilitates the creation of kilometre long 3D sceneries allowing a ‘virtually realistic’ full driving experience on the race tracks and also off the road. The player can select his favourite model car from a nearly complete current range of cars from Mercedes-Benz. Each model is sculptured based on original data from Mercedes-Benz.
‘Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ offers training missions, race and championship modes and also mission based play. Advanced technologies allow each driver to develop its own character and driving history to enable them to master and accomplish different skills and missions successfully.
Key features of ‘Mercedes-Benz WorldRacing’ will include:
- Revolutionary 3D Landscape Engine, which facilitates the creation of kilometre long scenery, topography and terrains including canyons, mountains, flowing rivers and weather effects, thereby offering a full and extensive range of landscape and climatic conditions from all over the world
- Near Reality Simulation, adjustable driving physics with over 150 differing variables allowing the creation of a highly complex and realistic car-handling simulation or access to driving fun in arcade mode. Actual car damage is structured in real time and is also based on authentic original data from Mercedes-Benz
- Full Emotion Driving Experience, permissible through the combination of excellent quality 3D graphics and realistic driving physics allowing a ‘virtually realistic’ full driving experience
- Captivating Game Story. Mission based play and advanced technologies will allow each driver to develop its own character and driving history to enable them to master and accomplish different skills and missions successfully
- Genuine Car Designs. Comprehensive range of cars from Mercedes-Benz including current cars, vintage classics, prototypes and racing cars including 300 SL. Each car is sculptured using over 17,000 polygons from original data and offers over 120 car variations
More articles about Mercedes-Benz World Racing