"The overwhelming success of IL-2 Sturmovik has proved that there is still a market for great combat simulation titles," said Carl C. Norman, executive producer at Ubi Soft Entertainment. "This follow up product ties into a greater strategy that we have created to ensure Ubi Soft's position as a driving force in the combat simulation genre for years to come."
"IL-2 Sturmovik was an outstanding success for 1C," said Nikolay Baryshnikov, international sales director for 1C Maddox Games. "It was possibly the second Russian game after Tetris that was so highly praised by gamers and press all around the world and we look forward to producing more top notch products, starting with IL-2 Sturmovik: The Forgotten Battles this Fall."
In addition to the new campaigns set on the Finnish and Hungarian fronts and new single and multiplayer missions, several new playable and AI controlled Russian, German and British aircraft will be featured in IL-2 Sturmovik: The Forgotten Battles. Ubi Soft and 1C: Maddox Games are currently considering adding additional aircraft models created or modified by third parties, including those created by fans of the game.
- Finnish map area representing the Finnish front (Includes 3D modeling of new types of buildings).
- One campaign using the Finnish map area and Order of Battle.
- Ten single player missions using the Finnish map area and Order of Battle.
- Five cooperative multiplayer missions using the Finnish map area and Order of Battle.
- Hungarian map area representing the Balaton Lake area in Hungary (Includes 3D modeling of new types of buildings).
- One campaign using the Hungarian map area and Order of Battle.
- Ten single player missions using the Hungarian map area and Order of Battle.
- Five cooperative multiplayer missions using the Hungarian map area and Order of Battle.
- L’vov map area (Ukraine and Poland).
New AI aircraft: Bf-110G
- Bristol Blenheim MK I (Finnish Air Force)
- Bristol Blenheim MK IV (Finnish Air Force)
- Fiat G-50 (Finnish Air Force)
- Morane MS.406 (Finnish Air Force)
- Me-210Ca-1 (Hungarian Air Force)
- Hurricane Mk IIB
- Hurricane Mk IIC
- New AI ground objects for each new map area.
- Includes 3D modeling of new types of buildings for each new map area.
Possible 3rd Party Created AI Aircraft:
- Fokker D XXI
Possible 3rd Party Created Flyable Aircraft:
- Brewster Buffalo F2A (Finnish Air Force)
- P-40 Lend Lease
- P-40 Russian Subtype with Cannons
- P-40 Russian Field Mode with Soviet Vk-105P engineP-47D
About IL-2 Sturmovik
Released in November 2001, IL-2 Sturmovik has set new standards of realism and gameplay in the combat flight simulation genre. It is the world's most realistic WWII combat flight simulation, allowing you to fly more than 30 types of Russian, German and American planes, engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground battles and destroy any ground object, such as buildings, bridges, airfields, and more. Play campaign missions and track your career (with ranks and awards), fighting against intelligent AI opponents and multi-play with up to 32 human or AI players in dogfight. The title has swept almost every gaming award on it's way to becoming the most critically acclaimed flight simulation title of 2002.
IL-2 Sturmovik is available now at retail stores worldwide. Visit the IL-2 Sturmovik website and experience the demo today.