Players pilot 20 different mechs over the course of the game while participating in a multinational task force operation to over throw the government. Ultra realistic visual effects and mech battles in a first-person perspective create the ultimate mechanized military warfare experience. Steel Battalion is scheduled to release in North America this winter.
An exclusive 40-button controller has been designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse the player into the role of a Vertical Tank pilot. With trigger buttons to fire weapons; foot petals to accelerate, boost and brake; levers to shift gears and move left to right, gamers must utilize the full potential of their VT's abilities in order to survive on the battlefield. Mastering the controls of this tactical vehicle will allow players to feel as if the VT is part of their own body.
Steel Battalion players operate a strategic battle mech weapon through 12 action-packed levels, fending off dozens of adversaries while attempting to diffuse a riot that has ensued on a Pacific island ruled by a military dictatorship. Unlocking new missions, maps and enemy robots once the game is completed provides endless entertainment. With a diverse arsenal at the player's disposal, including plasma torches and a MK21-6 twin pod rocket launch, there will be plenty of action to go around.
Steel Battalion boasts the following features:
- Control your VT with an exclusive 40-button simulation controller designed and produced exclusively for Steel Battalion.
- First-person perspective view lets players participate in the action through the cockpit of your mech.
- Control a Vertical Tank (VT) which features a variety of weapons such as plasma torches, a 270mm rifle, a MK21-6 twin pod rocket launch, and much more.
- Choose from multiple models of VT's including the Behemoth, Decider and the Falchion.
- Twelve intense action-packed levels. Unlock new missions, maps and enemy robots once the game is completed to provide endless action and entertainment.
- Steel Battalion will make full use of the Xbox hardware in order to create ultra realistic visual effects and realistic mech battles.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
“I’m glad to see this classic fighting game will soon be available for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox owners,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “Marvel vs. Capcom 2 offers players more than 50 playable characters, more than any other video game, and a wide variety of game modes. Where else can players pit an adorable Servebot against the maniacal powers of Doctor Doom or Jill, from Resident Evil against all time favorites like Spider-Man.”
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 offers the following enhancements and the return of popular modes of play including:
- Real 3-on-3 tag team battle!
- More than 50 playable characters
- Team Hyper Combo – Allows three characters to perform Super Combos successively.
- Snap Back – Forces opponents to change characters
- Assist Type Select – Players choose their favorite assist attack
- Crossover Attack – Players can change characters in the thick of battle
- Crossover Assist – Waiting character rushes on screen to assist your playing character
- Crossover Counter – Waiting character performs lifesaving counterattacks
- Crossover Combination – Three characters perform a Super Combo simultaneously
- Advancing Guard – Allows players to push back their opponent
At the beginning of the game, players have access to 24 playable characters. From the Marvel universe players can choose from Cable, Marrow, Cyclops, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Rogue, Psylocke, Wolverine (bone claw version), Iceman, Spider-Man, Hulk or Venom. The line-up of Capcom characters includes Jill, Tron, Rubyheart, Son Son, Amingo, Hayato, Sakura, Guile, Ryu, Zangief, Anakaris and Strider. As players meet certain conditions they will gain access to many hidden and secret characters.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 includes all the features from the arcade version. Now as never before, players can choose a character to experience three-on-three fighting mayhem. Players can perform limitless Hyper Combos, Crossover Counters, Advancing Guard and Super Jumps, all popular features from the acclaimed “vs” series.