Legends of Wrestling II
Being developed by Acclaim Studios Salt Lake, Legends of Wrestling II builds upon the retail success of its predecessor and will feature all new match types and more than 65 superstars, including Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bruno Sammartino, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Sid Vicious, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Jerry "The King" Lawler.
"Legends of Wrestling was one of our most important brand introductions of 2001, and we are thrilled to return this holiday season with a sequel that promises to set a new benchmark in the category," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Brand. "Offering the biggest names in wrestling, incredible next-generation graphics and game play, as well as countless hours of body-slamming action, Legends of Wrestling II will be a 'must-have' title for gamers."
"Legends of Wrestling II packs the power of some of the best names in this business," added Hulk Hogan. "I can't wait to take my 24-inch pythons and lock-up with Andre The Giant and relive one of the greatest matches of my career."
Legends of Wrestling II will offer many exciting new features, including:
- More than 65 of the greatest wrestlers of all time;
- Cranium-crushing match types, such as 6- and 8-man Elimination Bouts, Cage, Battle Royal, Ladder, Table and 3- and 4-way dances;
- Never-before-seen $15,000 Body Slam Challenge with Big John Studd;
- All-new storyline and career modes, allowing players to battle throughout the United States and the world for the respect of promoters and fans while fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world;
- Fierce tag-team tournaments with great teams such as The Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, British Bulldogs, Nasty Boys, Rock-n-Roll Express and more;
- Leverage the experience of some of the greatest managers in the business, including Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, The Grand Wizard, Captain Lou Albano, "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart and Mr. Fuji;
- Signature entrances and taunts for each legendary wrestler, including all new licensed music composed by "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart;
- All-new DVD bonus footage, including interviews with many of the legends talking about their famed careers, favorite opponents and more;
- Advanced ISP system delivering even more bone-breaking one-button combos and reversals for outstanding game play;
- Create-A-Legend returns bigger and better, allowing players to make their ultimate grappler;
- All-new dynamic cloth and hair technology enhancing the realism of the wrestlers' movements.
Legends of Wrestling II will be available this fall across all next-generation systems at suggested retail prices to be determined. For more information on this game, please visit Acclaim's Website. Acclaim's complete showcase of products will be featured at E3 in Los Angeles, CA at booth #1046 in the South Hall.
Developed by Acclaim's world-renowned Austin Studio, Turok: Evolution is a prequel to the blockbuster franchise that has generated more than $250 million in sales worldwide. Featuring an entirely new game engine that was specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems, Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of treachery, exploration and war set against a backdrop of lush jungles, mysterious temples and the most realistic and deadly array of dinosaurs ever to be created in a video game. Acclaim will be supporting the title with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, including print, television, in-theater, radio and online advertising; contests and sweepstakes, and innovative retail and consumer product cross-promotions.
"Turok is known throughout the world as the premier first-person action icon, having set the industry standard with its debut in 1997," said Edmond Sanctis, President of Acclaim North America. "Turok: Evolution will revolutionize the genre in every possible way - state-of-the-art development tools and engines, ultra-realistic dinosaurs and environments, over-the-top weapons and an incredible gameplay experience that will once again be the yardstick by which all others are measured."
Turok: Evolution begins with our hero, Tal'Set fighting his nemesis Captain Tobias Bruckner in 1886 Texas. During a major battle, a rift between their world and the Lost Land opens and Tal'Set is sucked into it. Injured and near death, he is nursed back to life by the natives of the River Village, a colony in hiding from the Lost Land's greatest threat - Lord Tyrannus and his reptilian hordes. Tal'Set becomes a reluctant participant in the brutal war that is raging in the Lost Land and is shocked to learn that Tyrannus has appointed a new general to lead his armies - Tobias Bruckner!
Turok: Evolution will include many exciting features, including:
- Entirely new game engine built from the ground up to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;
- Stealth- and action- based gameplay directed by rich, character-driven storylines;
- The most advanced artificial intelligence ever in a FPS; enemies and dinosaurs react instinctively to environmental changes and combat situations;
- Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) offers incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad A.I., enabling troops to take cover, establish strategic positions and even surrender;
- Lush jungle environments, thriving with vast flora, natural water sources and indigenous life at every turn;
- More than 30 different types of prehistoric, insect, mammal and oceanic life forms, each with frightening and deadly realism;
- More than 30 weapons, including the all-new Gravity Disrupter Beam, Swarm Bore and Baby Nuke, each with unique traits and damage;
- For the first time ever in a Turok video game - flight missions enable players to soar through the skies on a fully-armed winged Quetzalcoatlus in air-to-ground and multiplayer battles;
- Scripted story events bring the Lost Land to life with stunning detail;
- Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;
- Incredible multiplayer levels and modes, each filled with hours of action-packed gameplay;
- More than 3,000 sound effects recorded throughout the world, enhancing the realism of the game via Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound.
Turok: Evolution has been rated "Mature" by the Electronic Software Review Board, and will be available on 9-01-02 across all next-generation gaming platforms at suggested retail prices to be determined. For more information about Turok: Evolution, please visit the official Turok website. Acclaim's complete showcase of products will be featured at E3 in Los Angeles, CA at booth #1046 in the South Hall.
Dave Mirra BMX XXX
The first action sports video game to carry a mature rating from the Electronic Software Review Board (ESRB), Dave Mirra BMX XXX will combine outrageous humor, the authenticity of BMX pop culture and the signature style of gameplay, which has captivated millions of gamers around the world.
"Dave Mirra is the most successful BMX brand in the industry and continues to set new benchmarks with each installment," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Brand. "Dave Mirra BMX XXX was designed specifically for today's discerning gaming audience, who demand more adult-oriented content that drives the in-game action and further immerses players in their virtual world. That in concert with many exciting new and innovative gameplay features, will enable Dave Mirra BMX to once again define the genre."
Developed by Z-Axis, the team behind AKA Acclaim's Dave Mirra brand, Dave Mirra BMX XXX will include:
- Interacting with hot chicks, shady characters and other players in the most outrageous and humorous action sports game ever, as scripted by some of Hollywood's top comedic writers;
- Z-Axis' 3rd generation graphics engine, delivering more than twice the poly count than its predecessor and running at a steady 60-frames-per-second;
- Exclusively featuring the reigning king of BMX - Dave Mirra, and 15 of the world's top riders, including Ryan Nyquist, Dave Osato, Troy McMurray and Mike Laird;
- The most comprehensive Flatland riding experience ever created for a BMX game, including the exclusive appearance of master rider Chad Degroot and more than 100 of his signature motion captured moves;
- All-new female riders, each with realistic physics for their hair, body and clothes;
- More than 2,000 different in-game tricks - the most ever in an action sports game;
- Enhanced trick modifier system lets players start with basic tricks and modify them into new tricks on the fly, creating endless possible combinations;
- All-new bike add-ons create incredibly fun interactions with other characters, including bottle rocket launchers, fire extinguishers, leaf blowers and more;
- Enhanced Create-A-Rider empowers players to create any type of male and female character from head to toe;
- Enhanced Create-A-Park editor provides players with the ultimate tools to design their own masterpiece and then share it with other players online;
- Online Global Ranking System enables players to measure-up against their worldwide counterparts, based on dozens of tracked records and stats recorded throughout the game. In addition, players can trade custom parks and saved replays of their best runs;
- 8 massive levels focused on 5 BMX disciplines: vert, dirt, flatland, park and real street riding, each filled with many gaps, pickups and trick lines to explore;
- Level altering events, whereby players can physically change the environments through their interactions and unlock hidden areas and secrets;
- Numerous multiplayer games featuring all-new gameplay concepts;
- More than 50 authentic in-game sponsors and equipment manufacturers, who provide performance building upgrades as you progress through the game;
- Enhanced Skeletal Dynamics System (SDS) creates the most realistic crashes ever;
- New hyper-detailed bikes and rider models, features Z-Axis' dynamic cloth technology and adds to the in-game realism;
- Advanced particle system, brings new level of detail to the game environments;
- All-new Picture-In-Picture technology allows players to view challenges through the eyes of AI riders and get hints about secrets in the game.
Dave Mirra BMX XXX will be available later this year across all of the next-generation platforms at suggested retail prices to be determined. For more information on Dave Mirra BMX XXX, please visit www.acclaim.com. Acclaim's complete showcase of products will be featured at E3 in Los Angeles, CA at booth #1046 in the South Hall.