Reign Of Fire (Xbox/PS2)
It is present-day London when a construction crew, led by the mother of young Quinn Abercromby (played by Christian Bale in the film), unwittingly unleashes a dragon that’s been hibernating for centuries. Within a quarter of a century, dragons have multiplied and replaced humans as the dominant species on Earth.
The game’s story picks back up in Britain, c. 2024. Quinn has grown up to be a “resistance fighter” for a small community hiding in an old castle in the burnt-out English countryside. His people have been reduced to living in near-medieval conditions. There’s a pair of dragons prowling the vicinity, attacking the few remaining villages, destroying crops, and generally making life hell for the humans. The fire brigades risk their lives to put out the awful firestorms caused by the dragon attacks as they rescue the trapped or wounded survivors.
Play as either a human or a dragon:
As a human, you take the role of a resistance fighter, controlling a variety of well-equipped vehicles. Your purpose is to defend the last remaining humans from attack and eventually to make your way to the site of the sole male dragon – London now lying in ruins. As a dragon, the player will take the role of an infant led by instinct to attack its foe at any opportunity and attempt to eradicate the human race. The plot follows the maturing of the dragon, gradually getting more powerful, as the game progresses.
Missions are linked by a fast-moving plot; based on events in the film.
- Fight for mankind as one of the many different human forces, with a huge arsenal of high tech weaponry at your disposal.
- Take to the skies as a terrifying dragon and reign terror over the world, savaging the earth and destroying everything in your path breathing fireballs and napalm.
- Witness ‘reactive fire effects’ as flames spread and combust everything in their path, in addition to some of the most spectacular explosions ever seen.
- Experience numerous action packed missions, including the desecration of central London, military style reconnaissance activities, third person shootouts and heroic fire fighting rescues.
- Revel in the cinematic atmosphere created by the film’s soundtrack and voice-overs.
- Third person shoot-em up action taking place over scorched landscapes, the result of battles between two species competing for survival – human and dragon.
- Control various vehicles or dragons in third person mode combat and exploration on and in the air.
- Vehicles and dragons will be easy to drive / fly with satisfying physics to learn - making them a challenge to master.
- Dragons that not only look fearsome, but behave that way too.
- Variety of weapons and vehicles based on the film.
- Real time cut scenes and briefings merging into game play sections.
- The player can choose whether they play as either a Human or a Dragon following two different routes--In effect two games in one.
Reign Of Fire (GameBoy Advance)
- Two games in one, allowing the player to play the game as a dragon OR human with massive and varied firepower
- High-speed action game matching the pace of the film
- Aircraft and dragons will be easy to fly with satisfying physics to learn - making them a challenge to master.
- Twenty missions of arcade action in each game
- Huge range of targets to destroy and weapons to deploy
- Playing as a human, the player will be able to control many different vehicles with an array of onboard weaponry including: cannons, rockets and machine guns.
- Playing as a dragon, the player will evolve throughout missions with weapons including: a single fireball, and a flame jet