Rise of Nations
From Brian Reynolds, designer of "Civilization® II" and "Alpha Centauri™"*, comes "Rise of Nations ," combining the epic scope of "Civilization" with the fast-paced action of real-time strategy games. "Rise of Nations" allows players to create new cities, improve their city infrastructure and expand national borders. Players have the option to win through military might, using everything from slingshots to cannons to stealth bombers; corner the market on key commodities; and wheel and deal with a wide variety of civilizations. "Rise of Nations" allows the gamer to quickly play from the Stone Age to the modern age.
- Cross genre gameplay-Combining pulse-pounding real-time gaming with the epic scope of turn-based strategy games, "Rise of Nations" allows players to have a fast and fun experience while completing a game in under an hour. The game's epic scope moves throughout the ages, tying together the mysteries of ancient philosophy and wonders of the world.
- Zooming scale- Zooming capabilities provide players with a global view of many cities and sweeping military campaigns while still controlling the progress of individual cities and battles. Clearly defined national borders enable players to focus on nation building.
- Multiple victory conditions - Players succeed through non-military and quasi-military strategies including espionage, economic manipulations, political maneuvering and population growth. Players can also choose to win through the raw power of a military conquest.
- Streamlined multiplayerIn the multiplayer mode on Zone.com, players build up resources and move through different time periods quickly, reaching the game's climax in a timely fashion. By expediting the gameplay experience, "Rise of Nations" offers multiplayer gamers immediate gratification and maximum fun.
Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs
The original kings of the jungle are taking over the zoo in Microsoft's newest addition to the "Zoo Tycoon" franchise. "Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs" is a fun and creative expansion pack that works with the existing "Zoo Tycoon" game, allowing players to uncage their imaginations and evolve their zoos with ferocious dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts. "Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs'" unique and imaginative game elements and the widespread appeal of dinosaurs make this a fun game for the entire family and players of all ages and skill levels.
- Fun new content-Keep gameplay exciting with a plethora of new options to expand players' zoos, including more than 20 prehistoric creatures; prehistoric-themed dinosaur buildings and attractions; prehistoric foliage and terrain objects such as volcanoes and tar pits; and special staff members to include research scientists and a Dinosaur Recovery Team.
- New challenges to test zoo management skills-Six new dinosaur-specific scenarios provide new challenges. Dinosaurs cost more to adopt and maintain, so players must pay close attention to funds, and ensure their dinosaurs are content. Rampaging dinosaurs can destroy the zoo and players' profits. In freeform mode, players can also experiment with various dinosaurs and animals in the same exhibit in a quest to find peaceful co-existence.
- Easy to learn and play- "Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs" seamlessly integrates with "Zoo Tycoon," allowing players to begin playing immediately. An interactive tutorial teaches players how to build and manage a prehistoric zoo.