Hardware Network technology is designed to build an online network community with plans for downloads, community-based competitions and episodic content that can take into account the requests and requirements of the players to ensure maximum game play satisfaction.
The online community will be encouraged to form clans and will regularly be invited to enter into online competitions to win major prizes. You will be able to record your scores and compare your ranks against all other players as they attempt to attain the number 1 ranking and the kudos that comes with it!
A single player game type will be available to allow the user to hone their skills against some A.I. "bots" offline before returning to the fray online.
Game models will be very realistic and detailed but they will be textured in a slightly bolder and more arcade fashion. Traditional camouflage patterns will be used but different colours will be added to aid player identification. The levels and buildings will also follow the realistic style but the settings and locations will be incredibly diverse.
Hardware Network Technology will be released in Europe to coincide with the launch of Playstation's Network Adaptor.
Proposed Downloadable Features:
- Extra Multiplayer Maps - Far more maps will be available to gamers which will include new pickups and much more diverse environments
- Extra Vehicles & Weapons - More vehicles and weapons which will increase the depth of the game. Gamers will be able to buy some optional texture sets and decals in order to individually customise their vehicles
- Additional Game Types - Capture the Flag and Team Death-match options will be available
- Hardware Website - Subscribers will get access to a dedicated web-site that will give players a focal point to get together and chat about the game, find out about the latest news and competitions, discuss new features and check the rankings and stats for all players within the community
- Competitions and Leagues - Subscribers will gain access to leagues or competitions some of which will offer big prizes to the winners. Their scores and overall ranking will be stored and they will be able to see how they compare against all the other players
- Online Community - gamers will be able to create clans or groups and begin to build an online community
- SMS Messaging - Although not part of the game itself, when gamers subscribe they will be given a unique I.D. with which they can log on to the Hardware website. When doing this they can choose to have any Hardware news about competitions, feature updates and rankings sent as SMS messages to their mobile phone.