Quantum Redshift challenges gamers to display a rare combination of raw racing skill and savvy weapons strategy to achieve ultimate victory.
- Vehicles – “Quantum Redshift” puts gamers in command of the most extreme, hyper-speed racing machines ever developed. Each hover vehicle interacts with any terrain type, but is specifically designed to excel on the driver’s home circuit.
- Speed – The game features five levels of hyper-speed with the ultimate level - “Quantum Redshift” - reaching speeds over 900 mph. Gamers earn higher speeds and greater rewards by prevailing in each race and winning trophies. Acquiring trophies at various speed levels, unlocks special characters, speeds and tracks -- giving “Quantum Redshift” extended gameplay and depth.
- Weapons – Each vehicle features its own unique holographic weapon technology. The game has 160 different weapons effects, letting characters attack with everything from plasma bolts to tidal waves to nuclear weapons. Each vehicle also has its own unique “weapons pickups” stationed at various points throughout the game.
- Tracks – The game features 16 detail-laden tracks, across eight different world locations where gamers hurtle across rough terrain, through forests, across turbulent water and over massive jumps. The futuristic racing circuits include: Silver Rock Canyon, a former national park in New Mexico; Kalau Wastelands, a former nuclear test site in Siberia; Fuusoku City, a newly developed metropolis located in Japan; Solar City, a cosmopolitan city sometimes referred to as “Hong Kong Down Under”; Brackenstowe Vale, a track for water specialists, located in the glorious Lake District; and Draco Island, located in the Pacific Ocean with an active volcano.
- Characters – Players choose from one of sixteen characters including: Tara Vivas, a former red-hot teen pop sensation; PrinceYuri Galitz, a wealthy Russian who claims to be the last of the Romanov line; Kumiko Nikaido, the daughter of one of the greatest racers of all time; and Zaki Shaheen, a skilled racer who believes he owes his success to Osiris, the ancient Egyptian god of the dead. Each of the 16 drivers has his/her own unique ship, home circuit and weapons. Intense nemesis storylines, developed throughout the game via cut scenes and animation, range from “political adversaries” to “estranged lovers.”
- Advanced audio – In leveraging the audio capabilities of Xbox, “Quantum Redshift” supports Dolby 5.1, in addition to a fully interactive music soundtrack, composed by acclaimed musical sensation, Junkie XL. “Quantum Redshift” also supports the widescreen television format.
- Multiplayer – Quantum Redshift supports up to four-player split screen action.