The winner of several top industry accolades, the original "Age of Wonders" received Game of the Year from Gonegold.com and the Editor's Choice Award from PC Gamer. GameSpy calls "Age of Wonders II: The Wizards Thone," "Engrossing and cerebral gamplay, extremely high replay value, an incredible scenario editor, a quality score, and quality graphics."
In "Age of Wonders II: The Wizards Throne," players can:
- Rule their domain as an immortal Wizard-King, a leader capable of awe- inspiring destruction, possessing the ability to defeat equally imposing adversaries!
- Reign supreme over one of 12 distinct and amazing races such as Elves, Frostlings, Draconians, Dwarves, Halflings, Humans, and even the Undead.
- Specialize in one of Seven Spheres of Magic including Earth, Fire, Life, and Death, while customizing their magical skills and abilities.
- Enlist the aid of loyal champions - these heroes lead troops into battle and posses the unique ability to wield mighty artifacts hidden throughout the world.
- Dictate the fate of the world from within their Wizard's Tower, a virtual antenna of power used to transport their ground-shaking spells.
- Immerse themselves in a legendary story during a single-player campaign full of intrigue, action, and suspense.
- Lay siege to enemy cities with a careful balance of tactical guile and magical augmentations.
- Seek out assistance from various Deities - their favor can lift an aspiring emperor to greatness, while their displeasure can lead a thriving nation into ruins.
- Design scenarios, heroes, and items with the enhanced level editor.
- Research powerful enchantments, fierce combat magic, and world altering spells - all brought to life with a 3D-particle system sure to dazzle even the most seasoned Wizard.
- Experience crystal clear sound and life-like detail for characters, creatures, terrain and more with an enhanced sound engine and a new true-color graphics engine.
- Confront rival Wizards in Multiplayer warfare via a LAN or over the Internet - options include Play by Email, Hot Seat, and the exciting Simultaneous-Turn System allowing all players to move at the same time.
For more information about "Age of Wonders II: The Wizards Throne," please visit the official website.