Based on the hugely successful RPG board game, Dark Alliance follows on the Baldur’s Gate series with another epic instalment based in the rich fantasy universe of Dungeons & Dragons.
Played from a third-person perspective, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance immerses players in the port town of Baldur’s Gate. A new political intrigue is emerging within the town and rumours of a Thieves’ Guild civil war brew in the underground catacombs beneath the city streets. Thrust into this fraught situation, the player finds himself a newcomer to plots and sub-plots therein. They soon learn that they stand in the way of a scheme that threatens not only the city but the entire region.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is an entirely new action adventure experience opening the Baldur's Gate franchise to a much wider gaming community. The game incorporates a faithful adaptation of the new 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules set, customisable player characters and a new level of character development allows for an engrossing gameplay experience new to Xbox.
Furthermore, dramatic new spell effects and powerful new abilities have been included to add to the flavour of the action-packed game and assist the player in combat against the terrifying monsters they’ll encounter on their quest.
· Ground-breaking adventure for Xbox, located in the most popular Dungeons & Dragons® campaign setting ever created; the Forgotten Realms®.
· First Xbox game to utilize the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rule set.
· Graphically enhanced environments, creatures and explosive spell effects that maximize the power of Xbox technology, delivering a more realistic gaming experience.
· Three customisable characters, each with distinctive powers, appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
· Dolby Surround sound, real-time sound effect mixing, Hollywood voice talent and an original soundtrack by acclaimed composer, Jeremy Soule.
· Featuring single and two-player cooperative mode.