This patch fixes a number of issues with the game - here's a list of what v1.01 fixes:
- boss bar no longer lingers when its active as you load your game to somewhere else
- game now pauses correctly when ESC is hit during a respawn and again after play resumes
- all active maps now saved when game state saves, even if player is not within them.
- fixed glopp ray sometimes allowing you to shoot through thin walls
- some old resource load attempts cleaned up
- fixed a message error in end part screen
- TCP/IP protocol is no longer a necessary requirement to run the game
- AMD K6-2+ and K6-3+ crash on startup fixed
- OpenGL resolutions now properly queried for selection
- Memory hunk allocation made more robust
- Resource pack files now log their expected checksum when mounted
- removed some obsolete client variables
- ogg sound libraries moved to root install folder to avoid conflict with system folder
- some things cleaned up in the log file generation
- kill and secret counts adjusted
- gator boss fixed so all nukes are dropped if you kill him in one large blast
- fixed the lasers so they save their state properly
- fixed quit screen so it won't interfere with save game dialog on shutdown
- fixed graphics options so the cancel button does not skip back further than necessary
Special note about save games and Episode 8. Saved games in Episode 8 must be REPLAYed to prevent crashing and allow proper recovery of game state. If you PLAY from a game saved in Episode 8, you will crash. You must REPLAY any Episode 8 part after applying the v1.0.1 patch.
You can see what version of DNMP you are running if you open the console ( ~ ) and then look at the number in the lower right corner of the console.