The game’s resolution is the most obvious improvement, with the draw distance extended to allow for larger play areas. Pilots can now plan their attacks with even greater accuracy, ruthlessly tracking enemy planes from an even greater distance. The flight models have been tweaked following feedback from the original version. Players can now opt for super-realistic or arcade handling; whichever suits their flying skills the best.
“Early feedback has been extremely positive; we’re confident Top Gun: Combat Zones will be one of the biggest blast on Game Cube, come September.”
- 34 missions, from three different eras.
- Four graphically diverse locations, Asia, Gulf States, the Arctic circle, and Miramar, home of “Top Gun.”
- Both live combat missions and Top Gun Academy “hops.”
- Eight planes, with 3 only available to true “Top Guns.”
- Amazing graphics, unique ground detail and stunning replays.
- Challenging air, sea and ground enemies.
- Incredible canyons, cities and mountains to test flying skills.
- Detailed scoring system, recognizing brave, skillful or just flashy players!
- Quickstart system allows the player to create new mission, using all unlocked levels, enemies and plane types.
Top Gun : Combat Zones will be published by Titus during September 2002 and distributed by Virgin Interactive.