In this latest game from Panther Games players take control of the British Airborne forces (nicknamed the "Red Devils") as they attempt to seize control of the strategic Rhine River crossing at the Dutch town of Arnhem in September 1944 -- or rally the tattered German forces as they try to repel the airborne invaders.
Key features include
- Detailed vector drawn map based on actual World War II allied Geographical Section General Staff (G.S.G.S.) maps issued in 1944
- Historically accurate Order of Battles with a total of over 440 combat units (platoon size and up). Methodically researched, including details such as personnel strength, equipment, supplies, fatigue, cohesion, aggression, experience, training, commander abilities, staff capacity, communications rating, speed, deployment, location, formation, frontage, depth, and unit histories
- “ScenMaker” game editor to create your own “what-if” scenarios
- Multiplayer support for LAN and Internet play
- Sophisticated game AI – micromanage your units as much as you like, or issue strategic orders to whole formations and watch your subordinate commanders develop a plan of action- pausable real-time action at adjustable speeds simulates the pressures of command