Officially licensed by Gravity Games, the premier action sports, music and lifestyle festival, Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt. showcases the edgiest bike action available for the next-generation systems. Players choose from 21 unique riders, including seven pro riders such as legend Dennis McCoy, a pro since 1986 and the top overall rider in the history of the sport; Fuzzy Hall, a senior rider known as one of the forefathers of dirt riding; and Jamie Bestwick, whose signature moves and jaw-dropping tricks were motion-captured for the game. Other top riders featured in the game include Andre Ellison, Leigh Ramsdell, Reuel Erickson and Matt Beringer.
"Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt. is so unique because it delivers the intensity of one of the hottest adrenaline sports today with a combination of edgy fantasy tracks and riders mixed with cool trick and combo systems, real pro riders, motion-captured moves and authentic Gravity Games tracks," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway. "This game really offers the best of both reality and fantasy riding."
A variety of challenges and obstacles await gamers as they attempt to master the ten wide-open, fully 3D courses. Players can compete in the Gravity Games on any of the authentic, licensed Gravity Games tracks or free-ride one of the graphically detailed fantasy courses -- Acid Factory, Train Depot, Oil Refinery, Mount Magma and others. Fuzzy Hall's custom backyard dirt course is also an exclusive feature in the game.
To add to the intensity, Gravity GamesBike: Street. Vert. Dirt. features exclusive DVD content loaded with tons of action including the behind-the-scenes making of the game as well as footage and interviews with professional riders McCoy, Hall and Bestwick.
Striving for the Gravity Games gold, riders must compete in ten intense courses -- each filled with death-defying challenges and obstacles. Riders must also perform and master more than 1,500 distinct land and air tricks including Flairs, Front Flips, Decade Airs, Bloody Boogers, Indian Airs, Bar-Spin-Disasters and No-Footed Candy Bars.
The Gravity Games is a partnership between Primedia, Octagon and NBC Sports. Entering its fourth year, the Gravity Games is the highest-rated and most-attended action-sports event. The Gravity Games features more than 250 of the world's best professional action-sports athletes competing in 16 events such as skateboarding, BMX and freestyle motocross and captures the lifestyle of those sports through live music and interactive elements.
Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt. Key Features
- 21 Unique Riders -- Includes top pros: Dennis McCoy, Fuzzy Hall, Andre Ellison, Leigh Ramsdell and Jamie Bestwick
- Insane Tracks -- Ten wide-open freestyle environments filled with challenges and obstacles
- Totally Realistic Rider Animations -- More than 400 motion-captured moves
- Two-Player Competitions -- Includes Horse, Grind Attack, High Five, Best Run, High Score and Team Attack
- Insane Game Modes -- Eight modes to choose from
- Easy-to-Learn Trick and Combo System -- Perform more than 1,500 distinct tricks, including: Front Flips, Decade Airs, Flairs, Bar-Spin-Disasters, No-Footed Candy Bars and more
- Midway Games Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment software. Midway videogames are available for play on all major videogame platforms including the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy® Advance.
For more information about Midway Games and Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt. visit the official website.