In Deathrow, there are dynamic and "explicit" voice recordings that appear throughout the game. More than a thousand recordings have been created for your taunting pleasure. And depending on who your opponent is and what they do, the trash talking flows.
Imagine your opponent taking a bad shot, foolishly losing the disc, or even getting the pulp kicked out of 'em. In Deathrow, your team will make fun of the opponent's players and exploit their feelings and egos to break their focus in the game.
With a dedicated "taunt" button you can use real world expletives and mature-rated gestures to really get your point across.
In Deathrow there are no rules and full-contact aggression is not only legal, it's required! The fastest, toughest players are victorious and the slow and weak are defeated. The game combines the lightning-fast gameplay of third-person action games with the cooperative team play and gritty roughness of rugby, offering a unique combat sport experience.
The object of Deathrow is for you to win matches by whatever means necessary, either by scoring as many points as possible before time runs out, or by severely injuring your opponents and removing them from the field of combat. As the game begins, two teams of four players square off in a combat arena to compete in an intense, unmediated slugfest to determine the champion. As you engage in fierce hand-to-hand combat with highly intelligent AI opponents seeking retribution for not only themselves, but also for their fallen teammates, you'll soon understand the sacrifices necessary to become the supreme team of the league.
- Multiplayer support for up to 8 players
- Highly detailed characters, modeled using more than 55 bones each for life-like movement, and up to 7000 polygons each for a realistic character shape.
- Facial animation capable of blinking and talking, and expressing pain, anger, happiness and other moods
- More than 15 combat arena locations, each with their own unique architecture and gameplay elements
- 13 playable teams, each with a unique background, special abilities, and motivation for competing
- Automatic victory if you remove all of your opponent's players from the field of combat
- Team management component allowing you to customize your own team according to your style of play. Build your players' statistics from match to match while gaining speed and power bonuses.
- Injured players can be healed between rounds if you have enough money, or you must save your winnings to buy them back.
- More than 130 unique characters
- Dozens of holds
- Over 800 base animations
- Xbox effects such as bump-mapping, specular lighting and bumped reflection mapping
- The ability for users to import their own music
Expected Ship: October 29, 2002
Only on XBOX