- Corrects client and server-side flooding issues.
-Auth server issues are cleared up now that the game server has enough time and resources to communicate scores.
- Removes Sniper Rifle bug from random weapon selection (you need to qualify at Sniper School to use these weapons - Sniper School will be available in the next update)
- Removes Rifle Range exploit of multiple rifles. (Players will have to requalify on the Range when the Sniper Pack is released.)
- Obstacle course bug fixed
- Admin Spectator Mode added: Allows admin to spectate anyone in the server
- Community Game Server Support added, allowing authentication of registered public servers. All servers will need to pass authentication before players can join them.
- Dedicated Server executable added
Added Official Server Classification:
- HomeLAN/Army servers will display "RECON 1.0.1" in the top corner
- Non-HomeLAN/Army servers that have authenticated will display "Unofficial RECON 1.0.1"
- Servers without authentication will not allow players to join.
- Any public server with the cheats enabled will display "(Cheats)" in the top right corner. Ex: "(Cheats) Unofficial RECON 1.0.1" ("Cheats" allow users to select any weapon they'd like, nothing more.)
Setting up your own dedicated America's Army server:
Before you can submit a server, you must have a valid SERVER account. Your SERVER account will be different than your user account. Please keep track of both logins and passwords.
(NOTE: You CAN use the same username/password and email address, but you will need to reinput that info into the server signup page and have it verified before you can add/edit your servers)
To create a server account - Signup with a existing or new username, password, and valid email at: http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/serverlist/signup.php
After you activate your account, login with your specified username and password. You may then add servers, or edit/delete existing servers.
Servers will be placed in your listing, but will be inactive until approved. All servers must be manually authenticated by a HomeLAN/Army representative before they are accessible by players or available in the public listing. The complete Authorized server list can be found here.
If a user changes their listed IP, they will need to wait for reauthorization before the server becomes public.
Servers will require a broadband connection at the minimum, a T1 or greater is recommended for 16 players or more.
Those players involved in LAN play should note that statistics and promotions do not transfer to their official jacket and are not permanent.