Smuggler’s Run:Warzones goes the extra mile 'n has been dramatically expanded and tailored specifically for the Gamecube. There are new enormous levels, ingenious new countermeasures, and the addition of up to 4-player split-screen multiplayer madness.Smuggler’s Run: Warzones will be the most expansive and thrilling off-road driving adventure ever
- 5 huge environments – featuring incredibly detailed international maps set in North America, Vietnam and Eastern Europe, complete with palatial temples, ancient ruins, and small war torn villages. Anywhere you can see, you can drive to.
- New massive 4-player split-screen multiplayer level exclusive to Smuggler’s Run: Warzones.
- 2 new thrilling 4-player multiplayer modes.
- Domination: Get through all the waypoints with the contraband before your opponents do. The first team to finish wins.
- The Fox & The Hounds: Protect the contraband from the other teams at all costs.
- Offensive countermeasures - Take out vehicles in hot pursuit with an oil slick, smoke screen, explosive canister, nitro-boost and more. Vehicles now have twice the amount of countermeasures as before.
New countermeasures include :
- Acid Drop – Drop the acid behind you and watch in the rearview as the enemies are dropped in their tracks.
- Repulse Shield – Push your opponent away from you and from your precious contraband.
- Vertical Boost – Jump to avoid high obstacles or soften a big fall.
- Cloaking Device – Disappear from the radar to confuse your enemies – then deliver the loot unseen and undetected.
- 175 daring and distinct missions. Overcome increasingly unavoidable challenges such as borders, aerial drop-offs, exploding contraband, etc. Each mission embodies a unique item of contraband that pulls you through the story (i.e. nuclear material, explosives, etc.) its value and importance increases with every mission.
- Exciting off-road vehicles including quad bikes, tank-line military vehicles and more. All Vehicles take damage and panels realistically fly off during collisions with interactive obstacles.
- Enhanced graphics with dynamic reflection mapping and high-resolution smoke and particle effects.
- Enhanced gang and enemy AI to make your off-road experience much more realistic.
- Night missions make covert operations twice as deadly.
- Deeply integrated storyline with stylized in-game cut scenes, FMV (full motion video) sequences and a full in-game script that keeps the adrenaline flowing while unfolding the story.
- Varying weather conditions (including rain, snow and fog) affect missions and vehicle handling.
- Audio optimization makes full use of the Gamecube hardware.
- Incredible licensed soundtrack including songs from such well respected labels as 430 West, KMS productions and BluePrint records.
- Smuggler’s Run: Warzones is set for release in August 2002 on Gamecube.
Exotic Imports: Courier company
Frank Luger has been contacted by the mysterious Colonel, an ex-Soviet operative who’s illegal trading are typically way out of Frank’s league. In cahoots with the FTF, the Colonel has a job for Frank to deliver goods deep inside Russia to the renegade Liberation Faction, a legion of armed rebels working outside the law. Frank takes the job reluctantly and recruits you to help the Exotic Imports crew carry the goods into enemy territory.
As a contracted member of Exotic Imports you are subject to non-disclosure on all terms.
- BAC KAN
- Territory: Vietnam, near the border with Cambodia
- Leader: Unknown
- Skills and Tactics: The Bac Kan generate fear by taking immediate and violent action against any perceived threat. They’ll frequently torture a captive without even bothering to interrogate him. They also make good use of mines and booby traps.
- Background: The dreaded Bac Kan exercise brutal control of most weapons smuggling throughout Southeast Asia. Composed of former communist military who have been “enlightened” by the riches of capitalism, this gang comes close to being a military entity of it’s own. Even the People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) doesn’t interfere with Bac Kan activity.
- PEOPLE’S ARMY OF VIETNAM (PAVN)
- Territory: Vietnam, near the Cambodian border
- Leader: Captain Kang commands the PAVN division along the disputed border between Cambodia and Vietnam. Kang is as corrupt as they come, but he must make a token effort to catch smuggler’s or risk a court-martial.
- Skills and Tactics: The PAVN are experts in guerilla warfare and set numerous booby traps. In the thick of the jungle, they patrol in small off-road vehicles. If the situation gets serious, they will radio headquarters for back-up from attack helicopters. To maintain the appearance that they care, they will often go after smugglers, but kick backs from the local smuggling gangs are usually enough to keep their radios silent. They will typically break off pursuit as soon as the smuggler’s enter a stronghold of the Bac Kan or Cio Bong.
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Territory: Throughout Vietnam
- Skills and Tactics: The CIA are known to go on the offensive in areas where they have a strong presence.
- Background: In Vietnam, the CIA presence is surprisingly strong. Many South Vietnam agents were recruited during the Vietnam War. When the North won, those agents remained and developed a potent underground comparable to the French Resistance during the Nazi occupation of WWII. They blend in, speak the language and fool even their brothers and sisters in the PAVN.
RUSSIA / GEORGIA
- FREE TRADE FACTION
- Territory: Caucasus Mountains between Georgia and Southern Russia.
- Skills and Tactics: The FTF has used all manner of devious plots to destroy alliances and breed fear in even the most battle hardened Russians. The result is exactly what the FTF wanted – all other factions avoid them like the plague, freeing the FTF to work on something big with absolute secrecy.
- Background: Made up of local gangsters and killers, the FTF believe wholeheartedly in free trade, but hate anyone trying to compete in an area they consider their private monopoly. Years of smuggling have given the FTF the experience and expertise to prosper in this violent land, and they viciously attack anyone trying to stand in their way. The FTF are believed to be amongst the most dangerous criminals operating in a region famed for lawlessness.
- THE LIBERATION FACTION
- Territory: Caucasus Mountains, between Southern Russia and Georgia
- Skills and Tactics: The Liberation Faction uses three primary tactics to try and prevent other factions from bypassing their monopoly and buying weapons directly from the colonel.
- Saturating LF territory with patrols that use high-speed vehicles much like yours. Although these vehicles are much too light to carry heavy weapons, they can ram the vehicles of rivals, knocking loose the contraband for easy pick-up.
- Shelling rivals with tanks and artillery.
- Planting mine fields in their territory that only they have maps to.
- Background: The sworn enemies of the FTF. The reasons for their mutual loathing are hard to fathom for outsiders as the Liberation Faction are nominally a political group, and the Free Trade Faction are overt criminals, but the two groups are merely the modern manifestation of older disputes that have characterized the region for hundreds of years. The Liberation Faction want to liberate the Caucasus Mountains from both Russia and Georgian control and in the process wipe out the Free Trade Faction. They are believed to be buying weapons from corrupt members of the Russian military in order to help their struggle.
- RUSSIAN ARMY
- Territory: Southern Russia, along the Georgia Boarder
- Leader: General Smimoff took over after the Colonel left the Russian Army for greener pastures. The General lost a son to illicit Russian wares, so he’s strongly opposed to smuggling.
- Skills and Tactics: Along the borders, the guards have erected fences and guard towers, from which they can alert their mobile forces of the passage of unauthorized vehicles. These mobile forces aren’t afraid to use tanks and artillery, but know all too well that heavy military weapons are mostly ineffective against smugglers in agile vehicles. To address this, the guards have several dozen squads that patrol in fast off-road vehicles.
- Background: Even though the Colonel controls a corrupt squad in the Army, the vast majority of guards are not in on this action. Hence, the guards will oppose smugglers like you vigorously.