Richard Arnesen, Director of Covert Operations for Shrapnel Games, said, "We now have the game in stock and will begin shipping preorders today. We anticipate to have all Austerlitz' orders shipped by tomorrow. In just a short period of time Napoleonic fans everywhere will be able to again relive Napoleon's greatest victory!" Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory is the latest in the line of computer wargames based on the award winning Sid Meiers' "Gettysburg" engine. Listed below are just some of the improvements that have been added to the newest game in The Greatest Battles Series.
* Three completely new armies - French, Russian, and Austrian
* Exhaustively researched historical data and army Order of Battles
* Over 25 "historical" and "speculative" scenarios
* Design your own "random" battles
* Use the "Randomizer" to generate battles automatically (useful for Multiplay games)
* Historical landmarks featuring the Pratzen Heights, the Pheasantry, and Sokolnitz castle
* Improved solider animation
* Multiplayer allows up to 8 players over LAN or Internet
* Artwork of famed Napoleonic artist Keith Rocco
* New command and control system
* Displaying battlefield conditions (i.e. fog and time of day)
Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory can be ordered from Shrapnel Games' e-store, the Gamers Front, at http://www.gamersfront.com. The retail price is $44.95. A demo is also available for download on Shrapnel Games website.