- Taking place shortly after the events seen in the 1982 film - The Thing takes us back to the Antarctic base and familiar locals from the film for a terrifying, new chapter of isolation and paranoia.
- Advanced trust/fear interface adds a new dimension to the genre - How you influence non-player characters (NPCs) psychological state determines whether or not these characters will cooperate with you.
- Amazing lighting, weather and particle effects complemented by subtle sound cues and scripted events create a new level of suspense and terror.
- Unique combat system that features a host of weapons from machine guns, to tazers and flame throwers.
- Puzzle Solving can be accomplished by a multitude of scenarios - there is never just one way to accomplish an objective.
- Varied pace of gameplay throughout the game, blending action, puzzles, horror and human interaction.