Experience the adventure of the Vietnam war !
You start your career as a Sergeant called Martin Lionsdale, new recruit of the US Army.
As you succeed in your missions, you will rise in rank to become a Lieutenant. As such, you will be responsible for a full platoon of specialised infantrymen : riflemen, sniper, scout, machine gunner, grenadier, engineer, commando, etc. In the course of the story, you immerse the feeling of the Vietnam war…
- A highly realistic approach
The game covers the period from the early days of the conflict (late 1965) to the height of battle in 1968 and faithfully recreates some of the most important moments of the Vietnam war. Combat and weapons are as realistic as possible, real-life tactics take full use of the US Army’s reports and documents.
- An outstanding Game Quality
The game is developed by Digital Reality, the Hungarian studio behind titles such as Imperium Galactica I & II and Haegemonia, which enjoyed worldwide success. Their engine has been improved for Platoon and features tremendous visual effects.
- A strong MGM license : the “Platoon” movie
The game is inspired by the popular movie “Platoon” (Oscar for the Best Movie in 1986), which was the first movie to show the true aspects of the Vietnam war.
Some features :
- 15 missions
- Each soldier has his own personality
- The level of experience determines a soldier’s rank in the field
- The environment affects soldiers’ abilities
- Realistic soldier movements using motion capture technique - 400 different animations
- Enemy detection (by sound & line of sight) and speed change according to terrain
- Vertex shaders for characters movement and grass effect
- Particle system for explosion effects, smoke, fire
- Dynamic weather effects (wind, rain, monsoons...)
- A scalable level of detail system
- 3D terrains settled in Vietnamese countryside (elephant grass, rice paddy, jungle, marsh, bunkers...)
- Vehicles Control (M113 Armoured Personnel Carrier, M48 Patton Tank, trucks, helicopters, …)
- Controllable static supporting units (mortar, recoilless rifle)
- Network play with 2 players with 4 exclusive maps
- Music themes from BAFTA awards winner musician Tamás Kreiner
System. requirements for PC (TBC) :PII 700 or equivalent, 256 MB RAM, 4x CD-ROM, 3D Accelerator with 32 MB VRAM, 600 MB Disk Space, DirectX 8.1