Ghost Recon: Island Thunder was developed by Ubi Soft's Red Storm Entertainment, the studio that raised the standard for realism in games with the introduction of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™ series. It is the latest addition to the Tom Clancy franchise, and joins three other highly anticipated new games released this winter: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon™ for Xbox™ and PlayStation 2™, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell™ for Xbox and PC and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Raven Shield™.
Cuba, 2009: Castro is dead, and the first free elections in decades are thrown into turmoil by a drug-funded warlord. The Ghosts, an elite team of U.S. Army Green Berets, are sent to Cuba as part of a UN peacekeeping force to destroy the rebel forces and their mercenary leaders and secure the elections for a free Cuba.
- 8 new single-player missions in an all-new campaign set across the island of Cuba.
- 5 new dedicated multiplayer maps.
- 12 new multiplayer weapons, including the M4 SOCOM rifle and the MM-1 automatic grenade launcher.
- 2 new multiplayer game types.
- New Cuban enemy vehicles, new allied vehicles and insertions by helicopter.