"9-1-02 marks the culmination of a three year journey to make the biggest and best Turok game in the history of our organization, and we can't wait for consumers to experience this product first-hand," said Edmond Sanctis, President of Acclaim North America. "With our marketing campaign in full swing, our retail partners' valued support and scores of anxious Turok fans waiting to jump back into the Lost Lands, Turok: Evolution is poised to be the 'must-have' action game of the season."
Turok: Evolution continues to garner high praise from the media, who had the following to say:
"...Acclaim flexes its muscles with breathtaking visuals that deliver the sensation that you really have entered a prehistoric world." - Game Informer
"For players who want graphic realism, heroic battles, huge worlds to explore and mystery, Turok: Evolution is at the top of the food chain." - Nintendo Power
"This game has an incredible lineup of weapons that simply can't be beat, huge environments to explore, tight gameplay, and some fun multiplayer modes for good measure." - Official Xbox Magazine
Developed by Acclaim's world-renowned Austin Studio, Turok: Evolution is a prequel to the blockbuster franchise that has generated more than 6 million units and $250 million in sales worldwide. Featuring an entirely new game engine that was specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems, Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of exploration, treachery and war set against a backdrop of lush jungles, mysterious temples and the most realistic and deadly array of dinosaurs ever to be created in a video game. Acclaim is supporting the title with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, including print, television, in-theater, radio and online advertising, contests and sweepstakes, and innovative retail and consumer product cross-promotions.
Turok: Evolution offers an array of exciting features, including:
- Entirely new game engine built from the ground up to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;
- For the first time ever in a Turok video game - flight missions enable players to soar through the skies on a fully-armed winged Quetzalcoatlus in air-to-surface, air-to-ground and multiplayer battles;
- Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) offers incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad A.I., enabling troops to take cover, establish strategic positions and even surrender;
- Stealth- and action-based gameplay directed by rich, character-driven storylines;
- The most advanced artificial intelligence ever in a FPS; enemies and dinosaurs react instinctively to environmental changes and combat situations;
- Lush jungle environments, thriving with vast flora, natural water sources and indigenous life at every turn;
- Incredible variety of prehistoric, insect, mammal and oceanic life forms, each with frightening and deadly realism;
- More than 30 weapons, including the all-new Gravity Disrupter Beam, Swarm Bore and Baby Nuke, each with unique traits and damage;
- Scripted story events bring the Lost Land to life with stunning detail;
- Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;
- Incredible multiplayer levels and modes, each filled with hours of action-packed gameplay;
- More than 3,000 sound effects recorded throughout the world, enhancing the realism of the game via Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound.
Turok: Evolution has been rated "Mature" by the Entertainment Software Rating Board, and will be available on 9-01-02 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(tm) at suggested retail prices of $49.99. In addition, the game will be available for the Game Boy® Advance at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information about Turok: Evolution, please visit the official website.