Presenting the next step in tactical military gaming, Conflict: Desert Storm is based on the events of the 1991 Gulf War as players control an elite U.S. Delta Force or British Special Air Service (SAS) unit that has been ordered behind enemy lines. Gamers fight through 15 intense missions -- utilizing advanced training and stealth techniques and a vast array of weaponry -- in order to destroy key Iraqi targets and ultimately put an end to Saddam’s reign of terror.
"With Conflict: Desert Storm, gamers will experience the awesome power of a squad of elite commandos as they easily control each member of their four-man team in the battle against Saddam,” said Jamie Leece, President of Gotham games. “The game immerses players in an ultra-realistic warfare environment, placing them in situations where they must employ true military tactics in order to complete the missions.”
In order to present the most realistic depiction of the intense ground war in Iraq, Gotham Games recruited Cameron Spence, a former high-ranking SAS officer who served in Desert Storm, as a technical consultant. The result is the most authentic experience in modern combat gaming with stunningly rendered desert and urban environments and complete control of a four-man squad of elite combatants.
Conflict: Desert Storm, based on the events of the 1991 Gulf War, allows you to lead a four-man squad of troops from one of the best known and most feared special operations forces in the world -- the U.S. Delta Force or the elite British SAS. Covert missions take you through hostile environments where only your expertise in stealth, tactics and firepower will ensure the success and safety of your men. Your missions are as unpredictable as they are dangerous: from vital scud-hunting missions deep within enemy territory to highly secretive rescue and assassination operations in Baghdad itself. As the first line of defense, your objective is clear: Protect Freedom.
- 15 intense missions that the player must accomplish specific objectives and goals in order to succeed and advance to ultimately end Saddam’s reign of terror
- Squad-based action that allows a player to fully command four easy-to-control soldiers
- Heart stopping, realistic tactical action designed by Cameron Spence, a former British SAS officer with Gulf War experience
- Expansive, realistic environments with smoke, heat haze, and shadows
- Cyclical lighting allows players to engage in day and night combat
- Seamless movement between indoor and outdoor environments
- Interact with Humvees, tanks and other Gulf War-era vehicles
- Experience system gives a player’s soldiers more depth by allowing them to improve their skills from mission to mission
- In-depth Artificial Intelligence governs enemy actions and fellow team members
- Dynamic, interactive music and stunning battle sound effects