The premise of the game is simple… Eat or be eaten. Assume the role of an animal in its early stages of development. But, in the harsh reality of nature, this creature has no parent to coddle and protect it. From the moment the game begins, your creature is on its own to fend for its life. As your animal instincts take over, you will boldly traverse hostile environments, savagely stalking your prey and asserting your place in the animal chain of power. Will you have what it takes to become the new king of the beasts?
Explore a number of different environments while consuming other animals to evolve into one of 100 possible creature combinations. Also, by collecting different items you can have access to stronger body parts such as horns and fangs, which can give you the edge in this dog-eat-dog world. However, no creature lives forever, so you’ll need to pass on your strongest traits to your offspring and the circle of life will begin again. Ultimately, the goal is to become powerful enough to topple the alpha creature and earn your rightful place at the top of the food chain.
“Gamers will quickly be won over by its innovative gameplay and fascinating character animations,” said Akibo Shieh, Project Lead for Atlus USA, Inc. “With easy-to-learn controls and a quirky sense of humor, Cubivore, promises to deliver an entirely new gaming experience on the Nintendo GameCube.”
HIGHLIGHTS AND KEY FEATURES:
- Abstract cubic style comes to life, as a huge array of surreal creatures interact with their natural environments! Marvel at their fluid movement as they stalk their prey, flee predators, and camouflage themselves with their surroundings!
- Dolby Surround Sound immerses you in a world of wild grunts, menacing growls, and terrifying screeches!
- Ferociously addictive gameplay! It’s survival of the fittest as you prove once and for all, who is the king of the beasts! Only a combination of strategy, instinct, and luck can keep your animal alive!
- Cultivate your animal’s strengths by carefully selecting both your prey and mates to evolve in the most effective way!
- Play again and again to develop even more surprising and dominating beasts!
CUBIVORE has a suggested retail price of US $49.99 and has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, visit the official Atlus web site.