Version 1.1 of Dungeon Siege contains the following updates and changes:
- Fixed all known Journal update issues related to quests. The Journal now updates correctly when a quest is completed or a new quest is received.
- Fixed all known content placement issues such as inaccessible containers that could not be opened and "floating" objects.
- Increased game performance in several previously low-performance areas.
- Resolved all known issues with end bosses, such as Gom not fighting back on rare occasions.
- Fixed all known fading issues.
- Updated ZoneMatch user interface and improved ZoneMatch functionality and performance in the following ways:
- Icon indicating password protected games.
- More user-friendly chat interface.
- New searching support based on user-defined filters.
- Ability to message friends from ZoneMatch interface, the Staging Area, and Game Summary screens.
- Increased stability.
- Resolved issues with sounds cutting out.
- Added safety to prevent the game from starting if critical resource files are missing. A notification dialog will appear if any of these files are missing.
- Added data corruption retry code - game will attempt to recover from unstable hardware causing corruption in data that is loaded from hard disk.
- Moved screen shots into their own subdirectory to clear up clutter. The new location is My DocumentsDungeon SiegeScreen Shots.
- Added new command line options:
- noalttab=true: prevents task switching during gameplay (supported in Windows XP only)
- nowinkeys=true: disables the Windows keys (supported in Windows 2000 and Windows XP only).
- user_path=: specifies where the user files go (rather than My DocumentsDungeon Siege).
- Other path-related command line options are: keys_path, map_paths, mod_paths, res_paths, save_path, and shots_path.
- Fixed the issue of a missing or moved "My Documents" folder causing problems such as crashing on game start.
- Improved many error messages to include more information to better help diagnose hardware configuration problems.
- Added an hourglass cursor to show when the game is busy.
- Switched to 100% client/server model to be more NAT- and firewall-friendly.
- Removed "chunky" and "superchunky" cheat codes.
- Displacers now save their state in the character save file in multiplayer using new quest saving functions, affording some measure of "saving" in multiplayer.
- "Transmute" scroll can no longer transmute characters into gold.
- Fixed problem of characters getting "stuck" in the Swamps.
- Switched map node mesh index format to be more mod-friendly when Siege Max is released.
- Added a new naming key format to be more mod-friendly.
- Exported many new functions to allow further modding of the game.
- Added dsdll extension method.
- Exported UI functions and added 'command' and 'call' actions for UI modding.
More articles about Dungeon Siege