Rocky's Movie Mode mirrors the famous, award-winning Rocky movies to the last detail, so players will easily recognize characters and venues from the films. Each one of the 20 boxers in the game were either featured or mentioned in the films in some way, and are now featured opponents in Movie Mode. For example, in Rocky I, Rocky fought Spider Rico in the Cathedral. Similarly, players begin Rocky I with Spider Rico in the Cathedral, complete with a rowdy audience throwing bottles in the ring. Players will fight three under card bouts before fighting the boss boxer in each movie -- Apollo Creed I and II, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago and Tommy Gunn.
Much like the movies, as players progress in Movie Mode they will notice Rocky's hair styles and body type change from each movie. In Movie Mode, players need to train up Rocky after each fight, training up Speed, Strength, Stamina, Determination and Movement in memorable training scenes from the Rocky movies. Like the Rocky movies, players will need to train up certain skills in order to beat the final boss fighter. For example, Apollo Creed is very fast, so players will have to train their speed and movement. In Rocky III, Clubber Lang hits hard, and Rocky took a ton of punches in the film, similarly, players need to train their determination in the game to challenge Clubber.
The original hit film spawned four sequels in 1979, 1982, 1985, and 1990, and has made over $510 million dollars at the box office, domestically. The original 1976 ROCKY won Academy Awards? for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Editing.
Now, gamers can get out the gloves and jump in the ring as Rocky Balboa and go head-to-head against Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, and Tommy Gunn! Train with Mickey and company to pound your way from the streets of Philadelphia to become the Heavyweight Champion of the world! Rocky delivers big time punch combos and flurries with thunderous power and heart-stopping speed. This time when the bell rings, it’s for real!
- Fight your way through 20 different opponents to become the undisputed heavy weight champ
- Variety of single and multi-player game modes, including: Movie Mode, Knockout Tournament and Exhibition Bout
- Real-life damage simulation includes bruises, blood, swelling and boxers’ sweat glistening in the lights as the action heats up
- Training modes to enhance your boxer’s skill and stamina
- Superb free-flowing motion captured animation using real-life boxers.
- Wide range of punches available from attacking hooks, jabs and uppercuts to defensive blocks, ducks and weaves
- Varied fight locations from rundown gyms to the world’s best-known arenas