"Turok: Evolution has been received extremely well on PlayStation 2 and Xbox and now Nintendo fans will be able to enjoy the same experience on September 27th," said Ned Browning, European Brand Manager. "Turok: Evolution will prove very popular with fans of the series and newcomers with its blend of stealth, flight and intense all-out action."
Developed by Acclaim's world-renowned Austin Studio, Turok: Evolution is a prequel to the blockbuster franchise that has generated more than 6 million units and $250 million in sales worldwide. Featuring an entirely new game engine that was specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems, Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of exploration, treachery and war set against a backdrop of lush jungles, mysterious temples and the most realistic and deadly array of dinosaurs ever to be created in a video game.
Turok: Evolution offers an array of exciting features, including:
- Entirely new game engine built to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;
- For the first time ever in a Turok video game - flight missions enable players to soar through the skies on a fully-armed winged Quetzalcoatlus in air-to-surface, air-to-ground and multiplayer battles;
- Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) offers incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad A.I., enabling troops to take cover, establish strategic positions and even surrender;
- Stealth- and action-based gameplay directed by rich, character-driven storylines;
- The most advanced artificial intelligence ever in a FPS; enemies and dinosaurs react instinctively to environmental changes and combat situations;
- Lush jungle environments, thriving with vast flora, natural water sources and indigenous life at every turn;
- Incredible variety of prehistoric, insect, mammal and oceanic life forms, each with frightening and deadly realism;
- More than 30 weapons, including the all-new Gravity Disrupter Beam, Swarm Bore and Baby Nuke, each with unique traits and damage;
- Scripted story events bring the Lost Land to life with stunning detail;
- Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;
- Incredible multiplayer levels and modes, each filled with hours of action-packed gameplay;
- More than 3,000 sound effects recorded throughout the world, enhancing the realism of the game via Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound.
Turok Evolution will be released for Nintendo GameCube on Friday 27th September with a suggested retail price of £39.99. Turok Evolution is currently available for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Game Boy Advance. For more information on Acclaim, please visit http://www.acclaim.com.
More articles about Turok