The ultimate Force Feedback wheel for PC : the unique Formula 1 world champion replica wheel , officially licensed by Ferrari
- The only Formula 1 world champion replica wheel, officially licensed by Ferrari
- New strong, silent and smooth Force Feedback mechanism
- Top level quality, for maximum solidity, precision and comfort (metal axis + ball bearing steering mechanism, 4 aluminum wheel mounted levers, full aluminum foot pedals and full rubber handgrip)
- Exclusive “Back to center” switch
- 8 action buttons + 1 Point of View button + 1 “Back to center” button
- Wheel-rim : Carbon texture + rubber handgrips
- 2 full aluminum gearshift levers
- 2 gas & brake full aluminum wheel-mounted levers + polished aluminum foot pedals
- Metal axis + ball-bearing steering mechanism
- New, strong, smooth and silent Force Feedback mechanism
PC Racing games which will boost demand for this dedicated accessory
- F1 2002 by Electronic Arts
- Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4 by Infogrames
- Toca Race Driver by CodeMasters
Question 1: Why a Metal Axis? What Is The Ball-Bearing Mechnism ?
- On a standard FFB wheel, the wheels axis is in plastic, which is of course not as solid and reliable in time as metal parts.
- There is grease between the axis of the wheel and the base. With time passing and due to the use of the wheel, the grease dries up. A play appears between the axis and the base. The wheel looses a lot its precision, and the feeling gets worse and worse
- The ball-bearing mechanism prevents the slightest play between the axis and the base of the wheel. It is simply based on the direction system used in your own car!!!
Question 2 : What is the “BACK-TO-CENTER” button?
This button is Thrustmaster exclusive : while all other wheels only propose to switch on or off ForceFeedback effects, without taking care of the “back to center”
function, Thrustmaster’s F1 FFB offers a complete choice :
- Force Feedback + back to center (normal, realistic use)
- No Force Feedback + back to center (competition use)
- No Force Feedback + no back to center (“hard-core” use)
- Force Feedback+ no back to center
Question 3 : What Is The New ForceFeeback Mechanism?
On a standard FFB wheel, the ForceFeedback mechanism is made with 2 plastic gears. The result is that the wheel is pretty noisy (sounds like a saw), and the effects are too sharp. Thrustmaster’s F1 FFB mechanism is based on a mixed gear and belt system which combines the strength that any racing fans expects from a modern FFB wheel and the smoothness and silence that no other product on the market is able to provide.