"The legions of players dying to get their hands on Deathrow grow everyday as more details and images of this violent team combat game come to light," said Matthieu Boulard, producer at Ubi Soft Inc. "The Deathrow website will definitely whet the appetites of those looking for something more than the ordinary fighting or sports game. Once you see this game you're going to want it!"
Deathrow is a brutal fighting sport where the fastest, toughest players are victorious and the slow and weak are defeated. It combines the lightning-fast gameplay of third-person action games, adrenaline rush of fighting games and the cooperative team play and gritty roughness of rugby, offering a unique gameplay experience. The object of the game is to win matches however you can, either by scoring as many points as possible before time runs out, or by severely injuring your opponents and removing them from the field of combat.
- Feel the rush as you beat the pulp out of your opponents using back-breaking holds, blood-splattering punches and fast sliding kicks to knock the competition to the floor.
- Team up with a friend and go for a team K.O. as you electrify the crowd, stomping your enemies and scoring.
- Earn money by winning matches, injuring your opponents and exciting the audience, to attract star players and train your current team making them stronger by any means necessary.
- Engage in fierce hand-to-hand combat against your friends, enemies, or highly-intelligent AI opponents that don't just get mad, they get even!
In Deathrow there are no rules and full-contact aggression is not only legal, it's required!
- Multiplayer support for up to 8 players
- Realistic mature language
- More than 150 unique characters and 18 playable teams, each with their own background, special abilities, and motivation
- Dozens of holds and over 800 base animations
- Highly detailed characters, using more than 55 bones and 7000 polygons for realistic character shape and lifelike movement
- Facial animation capable of blinking, talking, expressing pain, anger, happiness and more
- The ability for users to import their own music
- More than 15 combat arenas, each with their own unique architecture and gameplay elements
- Automatic victory if you remove all of your opponent's players from the field of combat
- Team management component allowing you to customize your own team
- Build players' statistics from match to match while gaining speed and power bonuses
- Xbox effects such as bump-mapping, specular lighting and bumped reflection mapping