"With a new 3D look, detailed maps and artifacts, this expansion to the Heroes(r) saga is guaranteed to challenge the fantasy gamer," said Trip Hawkins, chief executive officer, The 3DO Company. "Like its predecessors, Heroes IV is fully equipped with adventure, combat and magic spells. The Gathering Storm improves on this formula, and heeds Heroes fans' calls for more campaigns and a larger world to explore."
About Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm The expansion pack to Heroes of Might and Magic IV follows the travels and quests of five adventurers who battle enemies and collect vital resources and artifacts. For the first time in the series, the adventurers unite against evil forces. Each campaign in The Gathering Storm focuses on the individual adventurer's quest for his or her artifacts and brings the five heroic characters together for an all-out battle against the evil Hexis to thwart his plans of conquest.
Features of the expansion pack include:
- Six new massive campaigns with more than 20 new maps
- Four completely original fantastic creatures
- 16 brand new artifacts
- New Campaign Editor features, including new creatures and artifacts
- New skillful additions to the hero classes for the campaigns
- All-new music soundtrack
- Heroes of Might and Magic IV Multiplayer Update, including six new multiplayer designed maps