'NOLF 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way'
H.A.R.M. is back with only one obstacle to thwart their quest for world domination: Cate Archer, the beautiful but deadly UNITY operative who foiled their last nefarious plot. The world’s most deadly assassins are summoned with one simple objective. They must kill Cate Archer.
Meanwhile, the United States has uncovered a top secret Soviet project that, if successful, could bring about a third World War. Can Cate avert a nuclear holocaust and simultaneously stay out of H.A.R.M.’s way?
- Greater emphasis on stealth and evasion not only makes it easier to avoid enemies, but also to escape from them if you’ve been detected. Players can now lean around corners to see what lies up ahead, disappear into hiding places from which they can safely observe enemies, and lose pursuers by outsmarting them.
- A rich, interactive environment can work for you or against you. Casually knock over a bottle and you might bring enemies to investigate. Unscrew light bulbs to create hiding places in the shadows. Leave a door open and a guard may become suspicious and decide to search the area for intruders.
- Remarkably clever henchmen provide plenty of challenge. Square off against stealthy Ninjas, outwit devious Soviet soldiers, and withstand the onslaught of evil, machinegun-toting Mimes.
- Dispatch enemies quietly with the Vindicator Model 6 Sportsman’s Crossbow. Snap incriminating pictures with a pocketsize lipstick spy camera in Tulip, Cate’s favorite shade. Blow enemies to smithereens with the Angry Kitty Artificial Feline Proximity Mine. See unsuspecting foes fly off their feet as they step on strategically placed bananas.
- Diverse locales keep players jet setting across the globe from a feudal Japanese estate to the exotic streets of India to a Soviet military installation deep in the Siberian tundra.
- A new goal-based AI system simulates incredibly realistic human behavior. AIs observe the world around them and choose appropriate behaviors for each situation. Relaxed AIs may take naps, fill out paperwork, or use the rest room (although they may occasionally forget to wash their hands). An AI that sees the player will choose more aggressive goals like attacking, moving for cover, sounding alarms, or running for back up.
- Stand-alone, cooperative multiplayer missions allow up to 4 players to become UNITY agents working together against AI opponents. Collect advance intelligence data, assist with mission cleanup and even rescue UNITY's top operative, Cate Archer, in specially designed adventures that take place behind the scenes of the singleplayer game.
- Earn experience points for your achievements and improve vital character attributes such as Accuracy, Stealth, and Gadget Use.
- Created using the new LithTech™ Jupiter System. Each scene is filled with over 30 times the detail of the original NOLF. Characters come alive with realistic projected texture shadows and accurately modeled eye, head, and torso movement. Tens of thousands of particles combine to create whiteout snow conditions, fiery explosions, or knee high grass that sways gently in the wind. Cool ponds of water reflect the trees and sky overhead and flow realistically around objects and players.
'SWAT: Urban Justice'
The year is 2006—the 225th anniversary of the city of Los Angeles—and gang warfare has reached an all-time high. Who can the city turn to in this time of crisis? The highly trained men and women of the Special Weapons and Tactics unit (SWAT). These officers are Los Angeles’ only hope to curb the tide of brutal gang violence. That’s where you come in. Step into the role of a real world hero and take command of a five-man entry team in Sierra’s newest and most ambitious SWAT product: SWAT: Urban Justice.
SWAT: Urban Justice takes the great gameplay pioneered in SWAT 3 to an entirely new level with the innovative Takedown engine, 16 realistic missions, faster pace, and 24-person multiplayer capabilities. Include the added gameplay scalability of Jumpstart mode and the option to use new football-style plays that minimize team micromanagement, and SWAT: UJ becomes the perfect first-person shooter for all skill levels.
As the team leader of a SWAT element, you will choose your team, outfit members with gear and weapons, assign positions, and then command their tactical actions throughout each mission. Direct them to move via stealth or dynamic speeds while you take the lead through volatile building entries using explosives and flashbang stun grenades. Issue intuitive commands that enable your crew to force entry into a suspect’s residence or do the dirty work yourself. The choice is yours. This combination of team-based tactics and action-packed intensity create a game unlike any other first-person shooter available.
SWAT: UJ delivers 16 intense missions set in stunningly realistic Los Angeles locations that can be played in single mission, career, and multiplayer mode. Several new weapons, characters, and gear, including the ability to pick up and monitor suspects’ working radios, are at your disposal.
Throughout the chaos, you will face alarmingly realistic artificial intelligence that responds not only to what you do, but what you fail to do. Reacting to your every move are more than 150 individual suspects, hostages, and civilians. Random character spawn points ensure that no mission plays the same way twice.
SWAT: Urban Justice also includes some of the most advanced, yet user-friendly mod building tools on the market. The Mission Editor allows you to easily create worlds, add characters and objects, adjust the lighting, set mission objectives, and more. This robust mod support helps to ensure massive replayability by allowing gamers to share new content with other members of the community.
- New Takedown Engine. The Takedown engine uses DX8 graphics hardware, including multi-texture rendering, motion-captured animation blended with procedural and inverse kinematic motion, pixel shading, advanced particle system, and dynamic lighting with real-time shadow casting. Bottom line—SWAT: Urban Justice looks amazing.
- 24-Person Multiplayer. Compete as either the officer or the criminal in multiplayer mode with up to 23 other gamers via LAN or the Internet. Several different multiplayer game types are also included: Team Co-Op, Versus Co-Op, Deathmatch, Trophy, Hunted, Team Deathmatch, and airsoft modes.
- In Defense Of Life. Play as the ultimate real world hero—the SWAT team leader or SWAT assaulter—and try to save L.A. from gangland destruction.
- Jumpstart Mode. Jumpstart mode allows the gamer to leap into the fray with only one click of the mouse. Jumpstart mode also provides game play assistance in the form of simpler football-style play commands, a highlighting menu, easy-mode bad guys, and simplified mission objectives. By issuing play commands such as “Assault to Contact,” your team will storm through the building, opening and clearing rooms until members make contact with suspects.
- Play Commands in Standard Mode. The standard Command Menu now includes football-style plays, giving gamers the option to issue top-level or tactic-specific commands to their teams in mission or career mode, making for a fast-paced tactical experience.
- New Weapons and Characters. More than 40 real-world weapons including the HK 69A1 40mm break open rocket launcher, Serbu Super Shorty 12 gauge, and the Gemtech Quantum .22 caliber rifle with integrated silencing. Most weapons also have several customizable components, including the stock, optics, suppressor, magazines, fire rate, and more.
- Authentic Gear and Tactics. Use authentic SWAT tactics, gear, and weapons. The game features realistic weapon ballistics that enable the player to shoot through doors, walls, and glass—each with different physical properties. Also pick up working radios and weapons from your opponents.
- Robust AI. Enjoy hauntingly realistic AI for more than 150 characters—from hostages to team members. Also, thanks to multiple random spawn points, no mission ever plays the same.
- Powerful Mission Editor. Create your own signature missions, edit existing missions, or recreate real-world situations. You can also create an entire career to play in single or multiplayer mode. In addition to mission building, the Mission Editor allows you to easily create levels, add characters and objects, adjust the lighting, set mission objectives, and more.