In the dark and atmospheric world of Archangel, players discover that Michael Travinsky, an innocent family man, has been tragically killed in a horrific car crash. However, the Lord of Light decides to resurrect Travinsky as he believes he has the potential to become a hero and save the world from a deadly evil that looms in the shape of vicious demons and ghosts. Their presence is growing yet humans continue their existence utterly oblivious to their impending doom.
The player is thrust into the centre of the action as they guide Michael through three violent epochs: Medieval, Futuristic and The Forgotten Place, as he hunts and destroys the enemies which are set to wipe out the human race forever. Even with a huge arsenal of close combat, mid- and long-range weapons at his disposal, Michael has only a small chance of achieving his goal as many of the Chosen Ones that have gone before him have died in past encounters with the powerful and numerous foes. Gamers must therefore use the right combination of skill, strength and bravery if they are to save mankind.
As players complete missions or kill enemies, they collect Essence which can then be used to upgrade weapons or enhance their skills, for example, invisibility of health regeneration. This will then have a direct impact upon the way NPCs interact with Michael.
Archangel will incorporate the following features:
- Featuring all the best elements of RPG games: Character development, area exploration, "thinking" NPCs with an exquisite combination of the very best parts of Action games: fast combat, multiple enemies, weapons and great special effects
- Intense and atmospheric storyline situated between sci-fi and fantasy, creating a unique game experience
- Character development linked to the storyline with players able to select from two original classes - ghost and warrior, each with a stunning array of skills Ø Archangel spans three spectacular settings - Medieval, Futuristic and The Forgotten Place create stunning backdrops to the action
- Non-player characters become actively involved in the flow of the game and are vital for progression within the game
- Advanced graphics engine optimised for the latest generation graphicscards