Upon winning specific challenges, hidden tracks and cars are unlocked, so if you have already won a race you can go back and test your skills in a faster car.
Game features include:
- 5 game modes: Collection, Championship, Single Play, Multi-player and Challenge, which features a story line with races, stunts and missions.
- 38 licensed Lotus cars including new models, famous classics and race and concept cars
- 28 different races, 22 different stunts/challenges
- Stunning new controller system for a more realistic driving experience – tested and approved by the actual Lotus test drivers
- The first driving game with officially licensed vehicles to feature realistic vehicle damage
- Soundtrack by cutting edge electronica/breakbeat artist Hybrid
- The soundtrack for the game was created by UK electronica/breakbeat artist Hybrid and includes a brand new track Joyride as well as four new remixes of songs from their critically acclaimed album Wider Angle tweaked specifically for Lotus Challenge.
Lotus Tested, Lotus Approved:
Lotus Challenge features a new controller system that makes for a more realistic driving experience, and not insanely harder to master. The system was tested and endorsed by Lotus development drivers and Lotus designers created two unique concept cars especially for the game. Lotus Challenge is the first auto racing video game to bear the prestigious Motor Trend name.
Motor Trend Presents - Lotus Challenge embodies cutting edge simulation racing with the excitement of an arcade thriller. The game is rated E for Everyone and will be released for Xbox January 28, 2003, with releases for Nintendo® Gamecube and PC CD-Rom coming in Spring 2003.