Players can use military, technological, economic or political might to become a major power in the galaxy and must also research new technologies, colonize and defend planets, construct Space Stations, initiate social improvements, build a fleet, fight wars, win elections and gain influence in the United Planets Security council.
The game is won when all the races become united in a galactic alliance, someone researches technology that takes them beyond mortality or one civilization conquers the opposition with their military might.
GAL CIV FEATURES
- Multiple, balanced paths to victory - Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power.
- Immersive story line - Playing as the leader of humanity, your heritage depends on your ability to lead the human race and become one of the principal species of the universe.
- The Metaverse - Gamers who use Stardock.net to play will be part of the "Metaverse", where victories, defeats and campaigns can be recorded, allowing players to share their gaming experience.
- Replayability - The game is readily playable by casual gamers and includes a powerful and sophisticated AI and game mechanics that make each gaming experience different and highly addictive.
- Video and Sound - The game features state of the art sound subsystems and video resolutions of 1024x768 with over 16 million colors.
Galactic Civilizations will be released in February 2003.
More articles about Galactic Civilizations