The ATLAS 3D graphics engine was developed by Soft Enterprises and offers a 3D experience never rendered so successfully in RTS games. Burning buildings and mounted cavalry utilize over 7000 polygons, trees sway in the wind, and everything from windmills to rabbits have real-time shadow effects.
- Climate is a variable weapon, changing before a player’s eyes.
- Units can be strategically upgraded making them experts at a particular task.
- Each clan has its own hero with special talents as well as the ability to make the Units around them better, or in some cases worse.
- The Heroes have passive and active magic abilities. Some of the Units have special abilities as well; Druids become invisible, Wizards teleport and Sorcerers have the power to cast spells that cause absolute destruction.
- Highland Warriors will be available in retail stores in early February, 2003. In the US it is priced at $49.99. It’s available for pre-order online at Databecker.
More articles about Highland Warriors