Bob Frank, President of KOCH Entertainment says, “We are excited to partner up with Vybe Squad and Activision in the release of this special project. We hope it is the first of many.”
Snoop Dogg, the undisputed Doggfather of hip-hop, is featured on the soundtrack release with “Dance With Me,” an incredible new song that samples the legendary Marvin Gaye. Additional new cuts by Cali heavyweights Westside Connection (feat. Ice Cube), Jayo Felony, Warren G., and Bizzy Bone are just a handful of highlights on this new collection.
Furthermore, the Activision game also features licensed tracks from old school West Coast rappers such as Ice T and D.O.C., as well as contemporary hip-hop acts like N.E.R.D, providing a compelling backdrop to the game’s no-holds-barred car chases, shootouts, on-foot pursuits and hand-to-hand combat.
“True Crime: Streets of L.A. represents the largest collection of original West Coast hip-hop music ever assembled for a videogame soundtrack,” says Chris Archer, executive producer, Activision Worldwide Studios. “The collision of the game’s intense action with the pulse pounding sounds from the powerhouses of urban music will elevate video game soundtracks to a whole new standard.”
“Vybe Squad is thrilled to have partnered with Activision to release what is sure to be one of the most extraordinary and innovative collections of hip-hop music,” added Bright Riley, CEO, Vybe Squad. “This album marks the first time that the entire west coast is joining forces to create some of the hottest flows L.A. has to offer.”
The complete track listing is as follows:
- Dance With Me/Snoop Dogg
- True Crime Remix (Young West Edition)/The Game, Young Dre, Bishop, & Sixx John
- Terrorist Threat /Westside Connection
- Don't Fight The Pimpin' /Suga Free- DJ Quik
- I'll Do Anything /Damizza, N.U.N.E.
- We Came Here To Ride /Warren G. Feat RBX
- Drinks in The Air /Hollywood (Unique, J'Nel, Swoop)
- Hollywood /Bizzy Bone
- Thug Night (Let Me See Something) /Jayo Felony
- We Don't Stop/Soulstar
- Do Time /Pomona City Rydaz, Lil ½ dead
- Legends /Boo Ya Tribe-Battlecat
- Don't Do Tha Crime (Trailer Theme) Kam feat. Cavie & Above the Law
- They Don't Know /Dee Dimes Feat. Bigg Swoop
- G'z Moving- Big Tray Deee, feat. Pomona City Rydaz
- Flow /Sly Boogy
- How We Live /Lil ½ Dead, Showtime, Kontroversy & Quicktomac
- Roll Wit Me /Young Billionaires
- Cali Folks /Stylistik
- Get It Craccin’/Lil Eazy E
In the video game, True Crime: Streets of L.A., players assume the role of rogue Elite Operations Division operative Nick Kang, a bad ass ex-cop, whose brutal reputation and lethal skills have landed him the nasty task of taking down the Chinese Triad and Russian Mafia cartel that has turned the City of Angels into a war zone. Take part in explosive gun battles with double fisted firepower, devastating martial arts brawls, and high-speed shootouts across 240 square miles of accurately recreated L.A. In car or on-foot, the unique branching missions include locating hostile witnesses, infiltrating criminal-invested locations, taking out evasive informants and busting the heavily armed and deadly bad guys.
True Crime: Streets of L.A. will ship to retail on November 4 for the PlayStation2 , the Xbox and the Nintendo GameCube and has been rated “M” (“Mature” - Blood and Gore, Mature Sexual Themes, Strong Language and Violence) by the ESRB. The Soundtrack release follows a week later, streeting on Tuesday, November 11th.