In "Dead Man's Hand," players will step into the boots of El Tejon, a master gunslinger riding with one of the roughest gangs in the West, known as The Nine. When the ruthless leader of The Nine betrays El Tejon, El Tejon turns to a life of vengeance, vowing to put every member of his former gang six feet under.
Through an epic single player story of vengeance and betrayal, the player will travel the American Frontier, experiencing bar fights, shoot outs, stagecoach chases and other definitively Western scenes. "Dead Man's Hand" captures the grandeur, action and drama of the Old West with six-shooters, rifles, black hats, horses, hombres, dancing girls, riverboats, saloon poker and many other iconic images.
Besides straight shooting, "Dead Man's Hand" incorporates unique gameplay elements taken from the Old West. Gamers will try their hands at blasting desperados from the back of their trusty steed and shooting it out on a moving train, ducking just before going through tunnels. In addition, as the game progresses, players will acquire "Legend," a unique scoring system that awards points as the player blazes a path into Western folklore. When accumulated, Legend will allow gamers to pull off amazing trick shots and death-defying feats. Players will also be able to pick their own path through the game, revealing new mission choices as the game progresses.
Saloon poker also plays a major role in "Dead Man's Hand." Players will sit down for a poker game before each mission as a bonus round. If successful, the player will earn bonuses such as additional Legend, health or ammo. The player then decides whether to gamble their initial earnings for bigger bonuses. However, they could lose all of their bonuses in the process.
More than 20 adventures will challenge gamers, through the deserts, hills and towns of the old Southwest, across the mountains and mine shafts of the great Northwest, and in the riverboats and cities of the Midwest. Missions will take place upon vast maps that feature detailed indoor and outdoor locations, from rickety old saloons to sprawling mountain vistas to dark mysterious mineshafts.
- Uses the latest Unreal® Technology from Epic Games to provide amazing graphical performance, non-stop action and enhanced multiplayer capabilities
via Xbox Live
- An epic Western adventure set in the deserts and hills of the old Southwest, the mountains and mine shafts of the great Northwest, and the riverboats and cities of the Midwest.
- Allows players to compete against other Xbox owners via Xbox Live as well as against friends in System Link multiplayer mode. A variety of competitive
and cooperative play modes will be available.
- Nine different firearms to choose from, modeled on the pistols, shotguns and rifles that made the Old West famous. Other weapons include knives, dynamite, fixed Gatling guns and cannons.
- Over 25 different enemies with multiple variations and types