David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games, said “The positive buzz about Massive Assault has been increasing with every preview and review. This is a great 3D strategy game that brings a fresh perspective on wargaming to the table.”
Massive Assault utilizes Wargaming.net’s high-performance 3D engine giving revolutionary look and feel to a turn based global-scale game. Gameplay is smooth and easy-to-learn, while set in a dynamic strategic environment where the tide can turn time and again.
Winning will not be easy as the AI will make you pay dearly for any tactical or strategic mistake. Massive Assault contains an original political system, preserving intrigue throughout each scenario, campaign or war. Each side has allied countries, unknown to the enemy. Secret allies can disclose and provide troops at any moment, surprisingly shifting the power balance in a particular region. The secret alliance concept provides endless replayability as well as increased excitement. In each game, the distribution of secret allies is totally different, which serves to create unique strategic situations. In order to win, you will have to employ the eternal principles of warfare, such as:
- Using terrain to your advantage
- Practicing flanking and enveloping maneuvers
- Concentrating troops at the right place and time for maximum advantage
- Cutting enemy supply routes
- Performing screening maneuvers
- Using guerrilla tactics and sabotage
Units include a variety of ground forces, ranging from reconnaissance to heavy mechs; air forces, including fighters and bombers; and naval forces, including carriers and battleships. When liberating new continents, you will learn to coordinate huge naval landing operations, involving carrier battle groups, naval bombardments and air power. These and other challenges await you in Massive Assault!
Massive Assault features include:
- Original political system based on "Secret Allies" provides endless replayability
- Smooth and Dynamic Gameplay
- Full 3D Graphic Engine
- Huge 3D Landscapes
- 26 Detailed 3D Units
- Realistic Lighting, Explosions and Effects
- 3D Sound
- 6 Different Worlds (planets)
- AI, Hot Seat and Internet Play Modes
Eric Young’s Squad Assault: West Front
David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games, said “It’s always exciting to ship a new game out to wargamers around the world and particularly so in this case. We’re confident that Squad Assault: West Front will raise the bar for 3D tactical wargames and exceed the expectations and anticipation that have preceded its release.”
In Squad Assault: West Front, you command troops in both the Allied and German Armies of the West Front of World War II in an immersive full 3-D continuous time environment. Squad Assault: West Front features detailed models for all the major armies that fought in France in 1944, including American, German, British, Canadian, and Free French.
For those who prefer traditional turn-oriented play, a sixty second auto-pause feature for order entry and battlefield assessment allows for a more thoughtful game. A 2D overhead map view with order entry is also available for those who prefer to see the battle from above.
Once the battle starts, the virtual soldiers you command respond with real reactions to the combat situations around them. This psychological modeling combines with unsurpassed detail in terrain, weather, weapons, vehicles, and armor penetration to make Squad Assault: West Front a riveting recreation of World War II tactical combat.
Multi-player options for head to head play via TCP/IP / LAN are included.
The game features both historical and hypothetical scenarios and detailed maps from actual topographical data in an immersive World War II 3-D environment.
Squad Assault features include:
- Continuous time / Timed play World War II 3D strategy game
- Pauseable (user defined or auto-paused)
- Company level tactical setting with the emphasis on small unit tactics.
- Detailed combat system
- Detailed armor models
- Play as Allies or Germans (allies include US, British, Canadian and French troops)
- Detailed psychological models
- Complete 3D world, fully deformable
- Detailed terrain model based on topographic maps of the real terrain
- Full 2D maps available at a keystroke to make battle overview simple and easy to view
- Multi-player action for head to head play
- Multiplayer Client Included
- Historical and hypothetical scenarios
- Operations and dynamic campaigns allow long replay ability (ships with 3 full campaigns)
- Scenario Editor
- Ships with easy to use Modinstaller (lets you swap mods with a mouse click!) Sample mods included