"When Earth orbit's form digresses from the ideal circle for more than 1 percent, the gravitation influence upon it increases, drawing the entire planet and its massive ice mountains too. Its great weight presses down the earth's crust, and this pressure in combination with increased tilt of the equator axis makes the crust move..."
The action in Phase: Exodus will take place at the territory of Western Syberia, near Baikal lake - in the nearest future. The post-apocalyptic setting has to take us in the middle of the conflict between groups of people, which were separated when the great catastrophe took place. In 2014, the civilization was destroyed, and the cataclysm had buried all what human's hands were creating for five thousands years of history. In dozens of years, people populated the lands again and had organized the structures - the Foundation, which was the main trade power, Station 12/5 - separate unit where thousand of people could live for hundred years, and others. They sent the Mutants (Mutes), who were born after the catastrophe, to the Zone and quite forgot about them. But, the new danger was near...
Year 2062 is when the events take place. That's where we meet our characters - you'll have to choose one of the four people from this world in order to carry your mission.
The role system used in the game is the unique development of Horns and Hoofs studio, APARpS (Advanced Post-Apocalypse Role-play system). The role system is the main element of interaction, controlling and regulating the communications in the game.
The generation of the character depends on:
- main characteristics (divided into two groups - mental, like Intellect or Charisma, and physical, like Agility or Stamina)
- main modifiers - the characteristics which are derived from the main ones (for example, health, resistance, luck, carrying weight, etc.)
- complexity of generation (easy, hard, normal...) - affects Luck, Defects, Talents, etc.
- Defects and Talents - Defects are such characteristics which negatively affect main characteristics and talents. Talents are the unique characteristics which are opposite to defects.
- skills which can be improved, divided into groups too.
- system of the experience differentiation - the experience is distributed to the group where the skill which was used in gaining experience is.
There are a lot of NPCs in the game, and they are:
- plot NPCs: those who affect the events of the game, take part in quests, etc.
- non-plot NPCs - trespassers, inhabitants, etc.
The interaction with all NPCs is possible. NPCs can be divided into groups, move by waypoints, and you can even form the troops!
The thing worth mentioning is the quests matrix, one more unique development of Horns and Hoofs. The quests matrix is the system of the quests which are connected with each other, built with the technology of plot projecting.
A brief list of main game features:
- realistic sci-fi world
- classic 3rd person view
- advanced AI and NPCs interaction
- quests matrix
- APARpS (Advanced Post-Apocalypse Role-play System)
- more abilities to interact with the gaming world (entering the house through windows, many kinds of "quiet killing", constructing of weapons and equipment, many tactical solutions, tough social interaction, etc.)
- multiplayer mode
- more than 150 kinds of weapons
More articles about Phase: Exodus