This is the first official update patch for the US/English version of the game since its release. To install the patch, please launch EL2_101eng.exe file and follow on-screen instructions.
By default the patch will be installed to C:Program FilesStrategy FirstEtherlords II folder.
After installing the patch you can launch the game in the usual way - either from Windows Start menu or from the game's folder (Etherlords2.exe file).
NOTE: The access to the master server will not be granted and you will be prompted to download and install the update patch 1.01 if you try to connect to the master server from the release version of the game.
2. PROBLEMS FIXED WITH THE UPDATE
Update version 1.01 fixes the following problems identified in the release version of the game:
Single Player Campaign mode
- fixed the bug that randomly crashed the game to desktop after a battle;
- fixed the bug that prevented the camera from returning to “hero-centered” position after a script movie played;
- fixed a number of minor script bugs;
- fixed the bug that casued message console unpredictably appear over a dialog;
- fixed a few misprints in campaign descriptions;
- pressing PgUp/PgDn now allows for smooth camera zoom-in/zoom-out;
- fixed the bug that caused multiple random disconnections with the master server;
- fixed the bug that cuased blinking of a message box “Waiting for Player ..” in Hot-Seat mode;
- fixed the bug that casued displaying incorrect status of a player in the waiting room in Round Table mode;
- fixed a few minor interface bugs in setting connection dialogues;
- a number of interface elements tool-tips were added;
Duel (Combat) mode bugs fixes:
- incorrect functionality of a few artifacts;
- incorrect functionality of a few spells;
- incorrect descriptions of a few spells;
- Pale Knight creature is deprived of LifeTap ability;
- a scrollbar is added to description window in the combat tutorial;
3. ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS ACHIEVED BY INSTALLING THE PATCH
Single Missions mode
A new Single Missions menu item and interface screen has appeared in the Main Menu. It provides access to separate single missions created in the downloadable Etherlords II Map Editor.
New ladder system is implemented for Master Server statistics tracking.
4. ADDITIONAL ADVICE ON OPTIMISING THE GAME SPEED
To avoid problems (first of all low game speed), we do not recommend switching Windows swap-file to custom settings. In certain cases limiting swap-file size can cause a random exit to Windows.
In any case you should have at least 500 MB of free hard disk space for the swap-file (after extended gameplay, it can become quite large).
5. Known technical issues
5.1 Background applications
We recommend against switching to other applications (by using Alt+Tab) while the game is running in windowed mode. In particular, using Alt+Tab in the Master server mode may cause random disconnection with the master server.
In addition, before launching the game, we recommend closing all other applications (especially Microsoft Outlook), to maximize system free resources.
The game doesn't support switching to other applications when running in full-screen mode.
5.2 Known video cards issues
The game has problems with some accelerators based on ATI Radeon 9700 and 9700Pro chip sets from certain manufacturers while working with some video drivers from ATI Catalyst series.
It is definitely known that Sapphire Atlantis RADEON 9700PRO 128MB doesn't
work with Catalyst video drivers higher than version 3.0. However, this video card set does work with Catalyst 3.0. Besides, most of videocards based on ATI Radeon 9700 and 9700Pro chip set do work with Catalyst 3.7 and Catalyst 3.8 drivers.
Catalyst 3.0 drivers are supplied on the CD2 in the directory /Video Drivers/ATI.
6. Developer feedback and support
Nival Interactive and Strategy First Inc. companies do not guarantee full operability of this game on all hardware. However, experience has shown that most computers which meet the minimum system requirements will be capable of running the game. We greatly appreciate all notes and bug reports.
Strategy First Inc. offers technical support through the Etherlords web site, E-mail, and via phone.
If you run have problems with the program, and the information in the manual and Readme file are insufficient, consult the support area on the Etherlords web site at http://www.etherlords.com. Our web site contains up-to-date information on the most common difficulties with our products, and is kept current with the most
up-to-date information and patches.
If you are unable to find the information you need on our web site, you can E-mail Strategy First Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following information:
Title of Game
Type of CPU, and speed in MHz
Amount of RAM
Sound card type
Mouse type and driver version (if available)
And a detailed description of the problem you are having.
If you need to speak with someone immediately you may contact the Strategy First Inc. Technical Support department at (514) 844-2433. Please have the above information ready when you call. This will help us answer your question in the shortest possible time. Customer Service at this number is available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time. Note that no hints or codes are available from this line.
More articles about Etherlords 2