Missions range from reconnaissance operations in the desert and urban flush-out missions to large-scale sieges of desert fortresses. Each mission starts with a briefing and a recap of the historical background to the ensuing battle. More than 25 units can be allocated to each side, selected in the army management system. These include 8 specialised soldier types - rifleman, scout, machine gunner, medic, engineer, flamethrower, sniper, grenade launcher - and 7 categories of vehicles - recon, tank, anti-tank, artillery, anti-air artillery, transport, air support.
Highly realistic graphics, full 3D game-play and stunning sound effects allow for the highest level of combat realism and varied combat tactics. The fully flexible AI system, which can be controlled manually, allows the player to set his army units to hold position in defense mode or to patrol large zones and canyons when on the attack. A pause feature gives the player time to think tactics over before setting them in motion.
Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps is developed by Hungary-based Digital Reality, famed for Imperium Galactica, Haegemonia and Platoon. Music is provided by BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) award winner Tamas Kreiner.
The game’s release is scheduled for this winter.
- 2 campaigns and 20 missions inspired by historical facts
- Full 3D game-play and highly realistic graphics – real time shadows, damage effects, explosions, weather effects and much more.
- More than 25 different units available to each side (riflemen, artillery, tanks, air support...), each with its own characteristics
- Three levels of experience can be acquired following the successful completion of missions
- Challenging and flexible tactical AI system
- Three Difficulty levels
- Blitzkrieg Mode at the end of some missions
- Multiplayer modes (up to 4) via LAN or the Internet (gamespy)
- Music composed by BAFTA award winner Tamas Kreiner
More articles about Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps