Yu Yu Hakusho tells the story of Yusuke Urameshi, a 14-year-old rebel frustrated by a lack of direction in his life.
WhenYusuke unexpectedly sacrifices his own life to save a child from a deadly traffic accident, he's given a second chance to return to Earth - but not to the life he left behind.
Yusuke must use his new powers to battle the evils of both the universe of the living and the spirit world as he struggles for redemption.
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective Features:
- Twenty-two action-packed RPG levels and a surprise ending;
- Six playable characters including Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, Botan and Kayko;
- Ability to use your favorite signature attacks from the animation such as Yusuke's 'Spirit Gun,' Kuwabara's 'Spirit Sword' and Kurama's 'RoseWhip;'
- Sinister enemies from the animated series such as Rando, Suzaku and many more;
- A variety of environmental effects including haze and smoke.
Yu Yu Hakusho Brand Facts:
- Yu Yu Hakusho is the latest brand to captivate fans by combining a multi-media blend of TV, action figures, trading cards, apparel and video games;
- The animated series can be viewed on Cartoon Network's "Toonami Block;"
- Yu Yu Hakusho episodes had consistent ratings points in the 20's and as high as 24.7 in Japan, challenged only by Dragon Ball Z;
- The brand has also enjoyed heavy merchandise success in Japan:
- Sold more than 40 million manga;
- Sold more than $273 million in video games;
- Sold more than $72 million in trading cards;
- The animated series, which can be viewed on the Cartoon Network's "Toonami Block," ranks #17 against the M12-17 and #19 against the M12-24;
- Yu Yu Hakusho qualifies as a "Top 20" hit.