Version 1.02 Changes
General: The 1.02 patch resolves a number of issues, especially in multi-player (some out-of-synch and crashing issues), as well as assorted single player issues (especially a crash-on-launch issue on certain Win 98 machines, and a stability issue seen on a small minority of computers – issues 1 and 2 in the Single Player/General section detailed below).
Note: Players with the 1.02 patch CAN NOT play Multiplayer games against players with 1.00 or 1.01 versions of the game. The 1.02 patch greatly improves multiplayer stability and reduces out-of-synch issues, so we strongly encourage all multiplayer gamers to use this patch.
1. Fixed some general Out-of-synch issues that, in the older version, decreased stability and caused other oddness (track not being in the same place on all player’s PCs)
2. Fixed a bug where the game would crash if the chat window was opened when another event window would appear.
3. Fixed some cases where a player’s game could crash if the host kicked that player out.
4. Added new connect message alerting the player if they try to join a game that has already been started.
5. Fixed a bug where the game might crash if a player tried to join a game just moments before the host started that game. In this situation the host might timeout waiting for the player to respond appearing as if the game has hung.
6. Fixed a bug where hourglass mouse cursor would not appear when launching the game from Gamespy Arcade.
1. Fixed a bug with certain Win 98 machines, where they would always lock-up on launching the game, because they were unable to read the intro movie from the CD - now that movie will not be shown if it failed the first time the game was launched.. (Note, copying all the movies in the CD’s movies directory to the datamovies directory on your hard drive also resolves this, AND lets you see the movies, too)
2. Frequent crashing work-around. A new option has been provided, for users who can start the game, but experience frequent crashes, usually within 5-60 minutes of play or less. In the settings window, graphics tab, check off the ‘Disable Hardware T & L’ option. This should greatly improve stability on the small minority of machines with serious stability issues. Try it if you’re crashing at very frequent intervals.
3. Fixed a bug when creating a company with no name would crash the game.
4. Fixed a lockup that could occur when bulldozing and replacing a bridge in some circumstances.
5. Fixed a couple places where it was possible to branch off the tutorial or otherwise take actions that prevented completing the tutorial.
6. Fixed a crash that could occur on the setup screen if you went to ‘New Scenario’, then ‘Back’, then into ‘Load Scenario’, without any scenarios available to load.
7. Fixed a bug where the A.I. would sometimes lay incomplete routes to cities.
8. Fixed a bug where re-routing a train back to the station it just came from could be used as a hack to make undeserved profits.
9. Fixed a bug where incorrect amounts were being charged in some cases while upgrading bridges and tunnels.
10. Fixed a bug on the station cargo to/from list, where sometimes the selected station showed up in it’s own list of possible cargo destinations.
11. Newspapers will no longer pop-up while you’re in the middle of laying (mouse-dragging) track.
12. Fixed a bug where creating wooden bridges (but not actually placing them) in limited track scenarios would cause the track count to drop.
13. Bulldozed track now disappears from radar mini-map.
14. Fixed problem accessing Weblinks from within game using Netscape.
15. Fixed bug with ‘Tree Density’ slider in settings window not remembering it’s position correctly.
16. Fixed a bug where certain hotkey combinations would not be saved/reloaded correctly.
17. Toned down the wind ambient noise at high altitudes.
18. Improved performance of Ledger – Industries section when player owns many industries.
First 3 maps are campaign maps, last 5 are stand-alone scenarios
Note: All these fixes are incorporated within the patched program file (RT3.EXE) and applied to the maps when loaded – there’s no need to download new map files.
1. State of Germany: Fixed certain effects/bonuses that were reversed between Hannover and Bavaria choices
2. Dutchlantis: Gold event will now fire off within one week of achieving it, rather than at end of year only.
3. Britain: Connection condition will only trigger if your company achieves it not if A.I. company achieves it.
4. Tex-Mex: Briefing in multiplayer listed incorrect scenario duration – the scenario lasts 20 years in multiplayer.
5. New Beginnings: Win conditions will only trigger if your company achieves them, not if A.I. company achieves them. Briefing clarifies that your company (not an A.I. company) must connect cities.
6. Italy: You now continue to receive additional track allotments after the scenario ends, if you keep playing.
7. Southeast US: Two rivers had been misnamed – fixed now.
8. Southeast Australia: Fixed Steam marketing event so it concludes successfully.
1. Fixed so it no longer crashes when loading very large heightmap TGAs.
2. Fixed so that when loading a map in editor mode, game year is automatically set to year of scenario (useful for adding electric track to modern maps).
3. Added a ‘Set Cash’ option when viewing company detail screens in editor mode, for easier setup of companies.
Version 1.01 Changes
1. Implemented full language support for German, French, Italian, Spanish.
2 Trains no longer skip a scheduled stop if a water tower or maintenance shed exists nearby.
1. Fixed bug where entering and exiting LAN or GAME LOBBY setup screens multiple times might lead to the game crashing.
2. Fixed bug where entering and exiting LAN or GAME LOBBY setup screens would cause the current game map not to show up in the text box provided.
3. Fixed bug where a player would not be charged for upgrading normal track to electric.
4. Fixed bug where foreign language versions could not change game maps once other players had joined the hosted game.
More articles about Railroad Tycoon 3