Beginning at the Forest Experience Rally School in North Wales, Richard and co-driver Robert Reid will tutor each player in the tactics, preparation and skills required for rally driving, before the player joins a team and embarks on his career as a rally driver. There are additional game modes including a Richard Burns Challenge, where players get the chance to go head to head with Richard Burns and a 4-player ‘hot-seat’ multi-player gaming.
Adding a new level of realism, RICHARD BURNS RALLY includes:
- Unparalleled engine simulation modelled on genuine automotive information and individual car specs
- Simulated car handling for a truly authentic feel
- Pace notes authored by Robert Reid
- Unique three dimensional track generation system, incorporating; potholes, rocks, puddles and ruts, with realistic depth and effects on the track and the cars
- Truly dynamic and random weather all effecting the track and the car
- Accurate car damage from engine fires and fuel leaks to brake loss and bodywork damage
- Interactive ‘real-time’ service park with component based repair system
- AI opponents with varying personalities and styles, resulting in different race results and crashes
- Realistic spectators, who cheer as you speed past, sometimes stray onto the track, but will also help roll your car back if you venture off-road
- Helicopter rescues from un-salvageable accidents
With a selection of cars to choose from including; Peugeot 206, Citroen Xsara T4 and Subaru Impreza 2003 and set over a number of official Rally circuits from Britain and Japan to Finland and the French Alps. RICHARD BURNS RALLY will offer game fans a totally new experience in Rally games. Released on PS2, XBox and PC early 2004.
More articles about Richard Burns Rally