The year is 1348. The Black Death has been ravaging Europe for several months when Duran, a knight of the Order, has a nightmare in which his father is viciously attacked by a mysterious evil. Duran sets sail for the island of St. Angui to see Jacques de Villemort, a leader of the Order and his father. But just as the boat is approaching the coast, a thick black fog encircles the ship, its menacing shape twisting and turning with the face of Death. The black fog quickly closes over the bow of the boat like an immense claw.
The ship is crushed against nearby reefs and one by one, the crewmen are swallowed up by the fog. Inside his cabin, Duran hears the cries of the crew from the ship's deck above. Horrible cries that are almost inhuman... The ship lists violently and Duran is thrown against the wall, unconscious. The black fog then begins to ooze under the cabin door...
- Set in Medieval Europe when all is dark and a deadly disease waits behind every corner.
- Online support allows players to access new weapons, moves, missions and magical items.
- Character development and upgrades for weapons, armor, combat moves, special items and magical powers.
- Advanced combat system with attack, defend, block and grab moves.
- Twenty-five different enemies, both magical and non-magical, that can work alone or band together to attack at once.
- Eight brooding environments, including 58 sub-locations.
- Assignable magic tarot cards allow for attack, defense and special powers.
- Mature art style with dark and menacing graphics, realistic medieval environments and a rich use of color.
Coming Soon PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Microsoft Xbox™.
Release date: 06/2004