Said Michael Bell, Encore's CEO, "Encore and JoWooD are working together to release a visually-stunning game that redefines a genre. With amazing graphics and truly unique gameplay, SpellForce promises an innovative gaming experience never seen before. SpellForce, along with JoWooD's Silent Storm and Soldner, reinforces Encore's position in the top tier of game publishers."
Added Andreas Tobler, CEO of JoWooD Productions Software AG, "We know from our forums that gamers are already eagerly anticipating SpellForce, and we have high expectations for its success. It's a gorgeous game, with graphics, storyline and gameplay that are unparalleled in any other title on the market today."
A Fantasy World Rich in Lore and Legends
In SpellForce, gamers play a rune warrior on a quest against a dark force plaguing the world. SpellForce blends real-time strategy (RTS) and role-playing (RPG) elements with both compelling storyline and combat. RPG fans will be immersed in an intense fantasy world while guiding their character through quests, casting spells and defeating evil. RTS fans will enjoy the opportunity to build armies and embroil in epic battles, sending their troops against over 100 finely detailed enemy units. For the first time, best of both RTS and RPG are fully integrated into one spectacular game.
Key features that make SpellForce unique include:
- A unique blend of RTS and RPG, each offering all of the features of its genre
- More spells, more weapons, more hero customizations than any other RTS title
- Unique "Click 'n Fight" technology that features simple and precise battles from four different perspectives
- Smooth transition between isometric and third-person view
- Unique ability to command mixed-race armies
- Six races - Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs and Trolls - that can be used simultaneously to build settlements and fight battles
- An immersive and persistent virtual world with more than 20 distinct landscapes and over 100 different interactive characters
- Epic battles with up to eight players via LAN and Internet