Registration for this once in a lifetime opportunity couldn’t be easier. Either go to the Yahoo! Games Concept Store located in Marshall Field’s State Street or visit gamesondemand.yahoo.com/master to submit your entry. All entries must be received by midnight Central Standard Time (for online entries) or by the close of business (for in-store entries), on Friday, November 14th. Four winners will be selected at random to compete in an online game tournament to see which of them is the ultimate Digital Master.
"We are proud to present the Digital Master Tournament in Chicago at the Yahoo! Games concept store at Marshall Field’s,” said Dan Hart, general manager, Yahoo! Games. “This is a great opportunity for people to see the versatility and excitement of playing video games online."
"Marshall Field's continues to surprise our guests with unexpected concepts and events that they just can't find anywhere else," says Ralph Hughes, regional director, Marshall Field's. "Yahoo! joins us in our mission to create a fun shopping environment by providing exciting opportunities through use of the latest trends and technologies."
Tournament contestants will test their overall gaming skills during twelve rounds of game play in which they will blast their way through a fanciful adventure, take turns at G-force speeds, and delve deep into their vocabulary.
Games to be played in the tournament include:
- Grand Prix 4 A breathtakingly realistic formula one racing game where contestants will test their nerves and experience the drive of their life in the latest of this award winning series.
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter This high adrenaline action arcade adventure will have contestants battling their way through evil forces bent on world domination.
- Scrabble Complete Contestants will have to dig deep into their vocabulary skills to compete in this game.
The winner of the two-day Tournament will be awarded a grand prize package worthy of a Digital Master.
The grand prize package includes:
- Alienware custom Area-51 desktop computer with 18” monitor and peripherals
- More than 30 hot PC game titles (exact titles to be selected by Sponsor)
- One-year subscription to Yahoo! Games on Demand Unlimited
- One-year subscription to SBC Yahoo! DSL
- Marshall Field's Gift Card
- Approximate retail value of Tournament Grand Prize: $6700
The Tournament will be managed by experts from the Cyberathlete Professional League® (CPL). Launched June 1997, the CPL is the world's first professional computer gamer's league. Having hosted final tournaments on five continents and official qualifying tournaments in over 30 countries, CPL is the global leader in competitive computer gaming. Find out more about the CPL at www.thecpl.com.
For all rules and sweepstakes entry requirements please see store for details or visit: gamesondemand.yahoo.com/master.